Aruba Beach

Thread: School's OUT for the SUMMER!

Aruba since 1979

School's OUT for the SUMMER!

Arubalisa's daughter, in a matter of a few hours will be "free as a bird" for the next 8 or 9 weeks.
    Don't we all wish we were age 10 or 11 again?
    (skipping the crappy yrs of 12 - 15)
    I digress..............sorry

to all of our Aruba Addict children, have a wonderful Summer vacation.

No more teacher's dirty looks .
    School's out for the summer.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Arubalisa's daughter, in a matter of a few hours will be "free as a bird" for the next 8 or 9 weeks. No more teacher's dirty looks .
    School's out for the summer.

Andrea
    Just dirty looks from Mom and Dad for the next 9 weeks and 2 days (not that I am COUNTING!).

In a "bragging Mommy" moment, dd announced last night at dinner that as a 7th grader next year, our little saxophone player has been "invited" to join the 8th GRADE band. So she accepted and will now have double work playing in both the 7th AND 8th grade bands. Mind you we have trouble getting her to practice her required 20 minutes/day.

Funny though, I looked at dh and said, as a kid I would not have waited until dinner to make the "big announcement". You would have thought she would have been "busting" to tell me the second she got in the car when I picked her up from school.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ah, you should be a proud mom...brag away! How's the noise level is the house with that practice....I wish my kids played an instrument...all they play is the ipod.
    Now, you have to live with her until Aruba, that will drag for her. Something nice to look forward to. GO Charlie, have a great summer !!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    To "C"
    Have a great summer little one!
    Enjoy
    Swim a lot
    Play that SAX lots.

and..........if there are any school drama/musical productions maybe you can be in the pit band.

our son kevin (you met him) plays the irish whistle, flute, piccolo, bass guitar, bass fiddle and mandolin.
    music and instruments are definately a life skill
    he regrets not knowing the piano

save your $$ and buy a nice keyboard and start that along with your SAX

enjoy.
    do not drive your parents bonkers.............oh ya you are a kid...drive them bonkers it is your God given right.

mom and dad are proud of your accomplishments
    Andrea