Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba Graduate !!!!

Scuba Graduate !!!!

Okay.....well, I got through the scuba diving classes.....the 1st weekend was okay, but the next weekend was really tough !!!
    First weekend I did fine, went through the mask clearing, exchanging primary and secondary regulators, bouyant accent, etc.......even managed to land on the 10' platform and stay there without freaking out ....but, the 2nd weekend, oh my,,,,,
    I was able to scuba out to the 17' deep boat, swim around and then return to dock, but after lunch I got freaked out....was able to make it back to the boat but would not go under or do any skills or land on the boat...finned back on the surface and thought I would never go back underwater again !!!!
    But Sunday morning came and I had a good nights sleep and thought I would at least go to take the test and then go home and if I ever decided to finish I could.....got there, took the test(written) and then went with the group back in the water...did fine, went down to the boat, actually lost a little bouyance and actually fell on to the boat .....but was able to do skills, and got back in in the afternoon and did it again...I actually stayed under the entire trip back from the deep boat without having to surface and see the sky....
    So long story short......I am now a graduate and can scuba if I want to....Can't wait to try it in Aruba.....Hey Andrea......can you believe it ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Congrats to you Michelle...that is great news. Really proud of you. Waiting to hear andrea and Lisa chime in...

Bravo, Excellent, Splendid!

You were diving in a quarry or a lake? Was it the visibility or lack of that freaked you out after lunch.

No matter, you did it!

Now in Aruba you will awaken with the thought of whether or not you want to take away from your beach time by going to blow some bubbles!

Aruba since 1979
    WAY TO GO MICHELLE

I am proud of you..............even more important YOU are proud of your accomplishment.
    Andrea

Best wishes on your graduation and becoming a certified diver.Having to do all the things it takes to become certified is well worth the fun you will have diving.When you go to Aruba do the easy dive first alot to see and you will really enjoy it.Check previous post for reviews on dive operators.I have used Dive Aruba who is great but his dives are a little harder for a new diver, Clive the owner will keep an eye on you knowing you are a new diver.Have also used Red Sail who are also very good .Red Sails dive are much easier.Anyway best wishes and enjoy diving.

Congratulations Michelle!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Bravo, Excellent, Splendid!

You were diving in a quarry or a lake? Was it the visibility or lack of that freaked you out after lunch.

No matter, you did it!

Now in Aruba you will awaken with the thought of whether or not you want to take away from your beach time by going to blow some bubbles!
    ArubaLisa...very cute....so, I was in a quarry and I think it was the lack of visibility....could not see where you were going very well.... when I was young I was playing tag with cousin (male) and his friends and they kept tagging me and at one point kept me under long enough that I had to be brought to the surface...got yelled at for playing without knowing how to swim....my reply was that there was only one of me and 3-4 of them...anyway, I never really thought about it until all this snuba and scuba diving stuff came up and I had to deal with a fear I could not explain.....
    So anyway, can't wait to see the caribbean which I am assuming will be clear enough to see where I am going......

Andrea, Pierre, DannyO, CindyO....thanks for the vote of confidence.....I really never thought it would be so hard for me and I am glad I stuck with it and finished....Now>>>>"ARUBA OR BUST" !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Andrea, Pierre, DannyO, CindyO....thanks for the vote of confidence.....I really never thought it would be so hard for me and I am glad I stuck with it and finished....Now>>>>"ARUBA OR BUST" !!!!!!
    Danadog...AKA scubagirl

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    So anyway, can't wait to see the caribbean which I am assuming will be clear enough to see where I am going......
    You will be in awe, amazing, shocked at how beautiful it REALLY is...

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Have also used Red Sail who are also very good .Red Sails dive are much easier.Anyway best wishes and enjoy diving.
    The Red Sail Pedernales dive is a very easy dive, they use it for their training and there is a nice variety of wildlife. The Blue Reef dive is another great one for spotting wildlife, there have even been whale shark sightings there in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast