Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scuba Graduate !!!!

Congrats Michelle! Welcome to the world of U/W exploring.

Before you know it you will be doing a dive with me and the boys tipping the 200' mark wearing doubles + pony(maybe re-breather), 3 regs, 3 knives, 2 lights, line reel, lift bag, drysuit, weight system, game bag, tools, etc. We kinda look and feel like an astronaut. It really makes you appreciate diving in the caribbean where you can dive very light!

Let us know if you log a dive or 2 in Aruba. I am still looking to do a night dive there but the plans usually fall through because I can never go a day without some kind of alcohol consumption.

AJ2
    Manchebo, malmok, palm beach and the paddock :-)
    Congratulations with your diploma.
    If you are going to dive on Aruba, and you find a underwater camera (Sony) at dive site Mangel Halto, it's my. But you may keep it. Just send me the pictures that are on the stick.

Danadog,

Congrats! Get together with Aruba Mark and check out some of those ships I've sunk off New Jersey.

Or, just come to Aruba where the water is a little clearer.

Bon dia,

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Or, just come to Aruba where the water is a little clearer.
    A little? Diving in Jersey is akin to being in a "green fog"

Arubalisa,

Sorry, I'm not a scuba diver. But the commercial divers I worked with, tell me that further off-shore, they have visibility around 20-30 feet at a depth of about 80-90. I've seen some video of the same.

Inshore, I would expect the green fog. And speaking of that, I remember guys diving at my pier to fix tugs and such. It was more or less a foot or two in the Delaware and Schuykill River. Couldn't get me in that, no matter what. I'm afraid of the dark. One time there was a piece of metal wedged between the propeller and a kort nozzle. It took over six hours and various dives to finally get it out. Then there were the guys who would dive in the river on jobs when there was ice around. Also tough duty. Not for me. I'll stay on the surface with ice in my drink.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    I'll stay on the surface with ice in my drink.

Sound good to me !!!

Actually I have dove on plenty of wreck in 75-95 feet of water and I was able to see them from the boat. It's hard to imagine that but def true. My offshore dives I have had over 100+ visibility, you are in the gulf stream out there it's like being in the Caribbean. But you don't see them to ofter. It seems like the average dive is 15-25ft vis depending on where you are. There are some old freighters and ships I like to dive once in a while in the mudhole where the vis is 1-3ft and at times I am looking at my gauges inches away from my face. It's the price you have to pay if you want some big lobsters for the dinner table.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Congrats Michelle! Welcome to the world of U/W exploring.

Before you know it you will be doing a dive with me and the boys tipping the 200' mark wearing doubles + pony(maybe re-breather), 3 regs, 3 knives, 2 lights, line reel, lift bag, drysuit, weight system, game bag, tools, etc. We kinda look and feel like an astronaut. It really makes you appreciate diving in the caribbean where you can dive very light!

Let us know if you log a dive or 2 in Aruba. I am still looking to do a night dive there but the plans usually fall through because I can never go a day without some kind of alcohol consumption.

ArubaMark.....seriously...ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND !!!!!!!! LOL....
    Okay, well, I just spent this weekend with my instructor and his wife and brother and we went to another quarry. This one is in Ohio close to Cedar Point Amusement Park. I was clear as day...got down to 41 feet (OMG) and was okay except had on a 3mil suit and should have had a 5 or 7. It got chilly enough that I had to go up a few feet to warm up....anyway, had a blast, got a little freaked at first and had to remember to breath and not panic...today I went back to the quarry I learned in and it was like nothing !!!!!
    I do not think I can go too deep at this point...and if I believe what my instructor told me, good scuba diving in the Caribbean is only 20-30 feet anyway, then I should be okay. They have done some dive trips to Bonaire and swear it is the best diving in the Caribbean...so we may take a trip in May/June.
    So finally....I want to dive in Aruba, but I am still a weenie-whinie about being alone so if my cousin does not go I may not be brave enough to go with a tour and hang with the dive-master.....maybe you and your Dh can come earlier and go diving with me ??????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12