Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: September 11, 2011 your thoughts

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was watching it and thought it was so moving but when the very end came and I realized the cap was for the FDNY, I actually started to cry. Tell your husband and the rest of the FDNY and the NYPD thank you.......

**. ....\
    \ 9/11 america \
    .\.** ...*
    ..\
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ never forget!!!

✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country
    ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ and For those who are serving now
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And For Those Who Are Still Fighting
    ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU AMERICAN HEROES. PLEASE
    PRAY FOR OUR GREAT NATION UNDER GOD THIS ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Very moving video..................... thank you for sharing.
    I remember watching Good Morning America as the attack took place, seeing Dianne Sawyer and Charlie Gibson speechless for a moment, and between the first and second strikes, F-15s flying from Otis ANG Base right over our house, low and loud. I will never ever forget how I felt at that moment, and knew it would change my life forever. For my generation, this was our "Pearl Harbor".
    I will never forget.................

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    And all the American flags, in groups, in rows, on every house, and many cars. Hundreds, thousands, of our flags, and we were all united in our thoughts and prayers. Keep those flags flying!

Our flag is displayed in front of our house.

My 98 yo grandmother still remembers
    she was at a Broadway play when she heard about Pearl Harbor being bombed, but she says it was nothing in comparison to 9-11.

We think that it is because the events of the day played out right before our eyes.

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    I was hesitant about posting this, but I felt I needed to.

I remember "that day", I work in soho and on 9/11 I remember getting out of the train station and seeing everyone on the street looking up and pointing to the tower and the gapping hole that was forming in it. When I got to the office and the reality of what was happening started sinking in I sat in shock watching the entire event from our office window like some horror movie you couldn't turn off or turn away from, the view that we had once loved of the towers was now a view that we wanted to shut out. It was like watching the horror on a giant movie screen, only it was real. My husband, and two of my cousins were all in that building at work at the time. I sat for an eternity waiting to hear if they made it out. Only my husband and one of my cousins walked out that day. My other cousin was in the first tower hit, he never made it out.
    I remember the phone call I received from my husband to let me know he was alright.
    I remember the heart stopping moment when he yelled "not again" and the phone went silent.
    I remember how my heart started again when he called back 30 minutes later to tell me the other tower fell and he had to run for his life.
    I remember walking from Manhatten to Long Island because the world as we knew it had all stopped.
    I remember seeing people covered in soot and dirt walking like zombies next to me, still not sure what had happened to them.
    I remember going to memorials where there was no coffin, no closure, just sadness and confusion.
    I remember hearing sirens pass our office building for weeks after as the search and rescue continued.
    I remember seeing the black banners on all the firehouses around my job; because they were some of the closest houses and the first to respond, many never came back. God bless them and their families.
    I remember the way we all looked at each other for weeks after, the mourning in everyone's heart as we all felt the same thing as one. Sadness, confusion, loss and anger.

I still sit by the same window at work now that I used to sit by then, only the towers no longer stand. The view has never been the same, it never will be again. It's strange but some days, especially when the anniversary rolls around it's almost like my eyes play tricks on me and I can "see" a shadow of the towers still there, I was so use to looking at them for so long. I think every New Yorker still sees them.
    I pray for all the families touched by 9/11, I hope they have found a way to have some closure and peace in all of this, and as always we will stand strong and we will never forget, we owe that to all those who lost their lives and all who still give their lives to defend our way of life still today. Be safe all.

Nice tribute at the Jets game last night. The 2 squares symbolize the twin towers and the lights around the building footprint are flashlights held by children of 9-11 victims. It was a very chilling moment. (sorry about the blurriness, but iphone cameras can only do so much).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails September 11, 2011   your thoughts-towers-copy.jpg  
    Last edited by jeffnev; 09-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.

The NFL tribute at 1 pm yesterday was awesome as well.

This though was my favorite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlPX2_b4GA

I saw the State Farm clip during one of the nfl games yesterday and it is awesome! I also loved how the NFL piped in "Taps" simultaneously into the stadiums at 1pm across the country.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 09-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast