Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single/Married? Kids/Unkids?

Aruba since 1979

Single/Married? Kids/Unkids?

Since the "what do you do/did for a living thread has taken on a new life, let me add another too.

Are you single or have a significant other?

Do you have children, grown or ungrown ?

Grandchildren?

Pets? or grandpets? (grand pets are the kind that come and visit and then leave......voilla, no mess, no vet, no kenneling costs)

My husband and i have been married 25 years.
    We have one son age 23, married just recently, a gainfully employeed nuke engineer for the dept of defense and an engineer in the Navy Reserve.

Pets.
    Under this roof we have a cockapoo age 5 Belle and a 4 yr old tortie cat named Midnight.
    Not under this roof we are the proud grandparents of a 10 week old kitty Razberry. Who happens to be under my roof for the weekend totally disrupting my packing for Aruba trip.
    And an in barn lease on a large quarterhorse SAM.

your turn...........

huby and i have been married 16 yrs. i have a 20 yr old son from a previous marriage, and we have a 14 yr old son together. oldest son is still finding himself....and figuring out what he wants to do in life. young son is torn between being a major league pitcher and a chef....i love that he still has mlb dreams......

pets....ok.....we have two dogs....a rat terrier and a german shepherd. the shepherd is my "girl", she and i did personal protection training together and we have an unbelievable bond. the ratty is all work....she is constant motion....i love her dearly too.

i also have two horses....Argento whom i've had since he was two, and leo whom we rescued a few years ago. leo was an amish cart horse and when they were done with him he went to the auction to be sold.......lots of meat buyers at this auction.....he is living out his retirement here and loving it.

there are a few chickens running around...they arent really mine but my neighbors...they just hang out here.....i also had a pet goat, he passed a bit ago and i still really miss him...so do all the kids around here...wizzer use to play baseball with them all.....lol

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Been married about 2 1/2 years.

Three pets-Sammy-5 yr old rescued beagle-lots of work, but SO much fun!
    Pumpkin-3 yr od black short hair cat-queen of the household
    Hazel-1 yr old rolly polly short hair striped cat-female version of Garfield LOVES food!

Adoped both cats from the local Humane Society via Petsmart-we stay away from that store now because it's hard to walk out without a new pet!

Live in a condo now, but when we have our house, I hope to have a big fenced in back yard so I can rescue more beagles! My husband just rolls his eyes at that one!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Been married almost 2.5 years. Our two 4-legged kids are Izzie (lab/pit mix-very timid, sweet dog, rescued from a cemetary at about 4 weeks old), and Felix our mouthy cat.

Married?
    Yes, second marriage for both of us. Happily married for 12 years.

Kids
    One daughter, 13 yo, going on 43 yo.

Her story http://bloggingtoaruba.typepad.com/my_weblog/how-this-began.html

Tuesday night, first meeting at the high school for introduction to high school and college prep. Gosh where does the time go?

Pets
    Eight fat, dumb and happy indoor cats. We have lived in 3 states in 12 years, and each home had woods behind it. All the cats we have taken in were strays, dumped by their previous owners. They can be seen here and here. Our latest addtion

DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in Aruba in October. Best trip we ever took!
    Son is 23 and just graduated from college in may...no job yet!!
    Daughter is 18 and in her first year of college.
    One month after dd started college, we had to put our 15 year old dog to sleep. They
    had a bond like I've never seen. As soon as she left for college, our dog layed down
    in front of her bedroom door, and stayed there for 2 weeks. She stopped eating, and lost
    all zest for life. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was call my daughter and tell her.
    Saddest time of our lives!! I never thought I'd feel this way about an animal! Hopefully we'll get the nerve to get another dog, but don't want to go thru that again!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    was just married 7 yrs in december, (my second, his first) (no children from first marriage)
    we have two children 4 yo son (well 4 on the 31st of jan) and a 19 month old daughter.

we have a 9 month old french bulldog(bruno) (he is a beast!) alot of work,
    I had a schnoodle for 14+ years, and in april we came home from a day out, to find that he had passed, sad sad times. Miss him terriable every day! He was my strenght when going threw my first divorce.
    and my two four legged nieces , Bella (begel) and sadie (boston terrier) these are my sisters.

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh i am almost in tears reading about the deceased dogs.
    sad indeed, my condolences.
    our dog, a lab dalmation mix "conway" died 2 months into kevin's freshman year at mass maritime. we couldn't tell him over the phone, so we went and told him in person. it was terrible. then our old cat peppy died during one of his semesters at sea. and we told him when he got home 2 months after her death. again, awful.
    he had these pets from age 3. they were family.
    [/B]

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    yes andrea very sad. to read these stories, as I sit here trying not to ball myself!... yes they are/become part of the family....

My sister and I had another schnoodle that lived at moms (when i moved out she said i couldn't take her, and I said the same to her, so hence she lived at moms)
    Nikki, lived to be 16+
    we had planned, and made the appointment to put her down the 1st week of feb 2006, my son was due/planned section on the 8th of feb, my son came early 31st of jan,
    so I was still in the hospital when Nikki was getting put down, at the same/or about the same time of day they took my son to be curcumsized, Needless I sat in my hospital room and balled my eyes out!

Okay, I'm boring! Single, never married, but have lived with someone, no kids (at least none that I know of ). Do dust bunnies count as pets??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast