Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single/Married? Kids/Unkids?

Married 53 years.... two grown daughters and two granddaughters.

DINK here (Dual Income No Kids). We have two very wonderful furbabies though. Have been married 10 years (last November).

I'm like you Aruba Here I come, yesterday was year 4 that I lost my beloved Cocker Spaniel (SUNNEE of all names). He was my rock through my first divorce and will continue to the love of my life! I even have the tattoo to prove it. (hopefully I attached a pic of it after about 1 hour of getting it)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Single/Married? Kids/Unkids?-sundog.jpg  

I actually cried as I was writing my story...Andrea, we considered driving to dd's college to tell her in person, but it's a 7 hour drive. My parents live in the same town where she goes to school , so I made sure she was with my mom when I told her on the phone. I felt much better about telling her that way.

I always find it so amazing how pets can just bring us to our knees when they pass. Must be that very rare unconditional love that goes unspoken but there every day (my thoughts, and just remember I don't have kids).

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Robo and I have been married 22 years and have 2 teen daughters. DD #1 is almost 18 and a senior in HS. Daughter #2 is 16 and a junior in HS.
    We met on a "fix up" date for lunch at Fanuiel Hall in Boston as we both worked there.
    He was an envir. engineer and I was a retail buyer.
    Our one pet is a West Highland Terrier named Morgan, cutest damn dog around. Thinks she is also a teenager and listens occasionally like the girls.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Wow! I am so close to tears reading the pet stories...and I jumped online to take my mind off of the fact that the nest just became empty again!

I am blissfully married to my wonderful husband Ted for four years (second marriage for both). Oldest daughter is 23 and out on her own (his) and my two are 21 yo boy (junior in college; he left yesterday) and 18 yo girl (freshman in college; she left 30 minutes ago).

We have a wonderful little dog named Chance. He is 4 1/2. He is half Bichon and 1/2 Havanese. No shedding!! Ted is highly allergic so we had to go with a non-shedder. My son calls me crazy cat woman, even though we don't have any cats. If I could, I would have a houseful of pets...I love all of the creatures.

I had a 103 lb golden retriever who was the most wonderful dog! He got me through my divorce (as many others also said!) He died 6 years ago and I still miss him everyday.

Oh these stories are sad and happy and wonderful!
    Aaron and I have been married three years now but lived together for 5 years before that. This is a second marriage for us both.
    Together we do not have children but he has Joshua who is 11 from his previous marriage. We also have three catbabies. We have had Leo for about 7 years and adopted Charlotte and Abigail 4 years ago this May. They actually found them where they had been abandoned outside a pet store in Myrtle Beach on May 23, which is my birthday, so we knew it was a sign to take them. There were three kitties Lilly was the other one but she got out of the house while we were moving into this new house last year and was killed by a car driving way too fast down my street. I wanted to move back out three days after we bought the house because of it but Aaron convinced me to stay and I will say that time does help heal and now I love my house and neighborhood.
    Curacao spring break trip in

Christmas in Aruba in

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    It's so amazing how our pets can touch our lives SO much!!!

When we adopted our beagle Sammy, he was incredibly malnourished and filthy. He came from God knows what hell hole via a van from Louisiana (we found him via Petfinder). While my husband went to get dinner for us on our first night, Sammy hid in his new crate and shook. I just sat with him and talked softly and wept not only for the life that he led before he came to us, but for the two beagles that I had growing up. They helped me through my parents divorce and had to be put down within months of each other when I was in my late teens.

Now Sammy lives the life, he is VERY well fed the best food our money can buy, sleeps on our bed, and along with our cats, is the love of my life(DH is tied for first)-keeps me good company while my husband is working long shifts.

You all are not alone in your bonds with your pets

Married 12 years this May. Engaged for 18 months before that. Started out with the Freshman / Senior thing back in highschool...dating but I felt bad because I wasn't ready to have a steady girlfriend going to college. A few years pass and we both had broken up with our BF/GF around the same time and DW decided to give me a call and here we are now married with children.

We have a 6 year old daughter Rayna, who models for Ford in NYC and is currently in kindergarten. She's a little diva already, I love it! We hear from the parents in her class how most of the boys have a crush on her. Already? At 6?? I need a Balashi........

We also have a 3 year old son Chase. He's a button pusher and mischievious. We named him perfectly because it seems like all we due is "Chase" him around the house or wherever we go. I just cut down one of my old hockey sticks and have him practicing handling the stick and taking shots on goal. Next year we will be on the ice learning how to skate.

We have a golden retriever Jake, he's gettin older but still has a lot of spunk! He's the biggest grubber I have ever seen with a anyones dog. His objective in life is to wait for the kids to drop something on the floor. He's our vacuum cleaner around the house. He also loves to get a drink of water then come shake his head right next to me or DW. I know he knows what he is doing, I just think he gets a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Robo and I have been married 22 years and have 2 teen daughters. DD #1 is almost 18 and a senior in HS. Daughter #2 is 16 and a junior in HS.
    We met on a "fix up" date for lunch at Fanuiel Hall in Boston as we both worked there.
    He was an envir. engineer and I was a retail buyer.
    Our one pet is a West Highland Terrier named Morgan, cutest damn dog around. Thinks she is also a teenager and listens occasionally like the girls.
    That sums it up nicely!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast