Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow in the northeast

Snow in the northeast

Hi Everybody,

It's been quite awhile since I've been on. Hope everyone is staying safe with the newest storm that has hit New England today. It started snowing here in Hartford, CT a little over an hour ago & we've got about an inch on the ground. Calling for anywhere between 8-14" by the time it's done
    Michelle & Mike

we are missing the snow by only a few miles, mostly rain now in central Jersey. There is another storm in affect for x-mas eve.

Snowing like crazy here in Rhode Island.....got the snow blower ready, the generator too....and, most importantly....a drink I never have in Aruba....plenty of blackberry brandy....fuel for snow removal!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Have approx 6" already & still coming down strong. Just had some "snow thunder". CRAZY !!!!! We've got the snow blower up and ready to go too. Jägermeister fuels our snow blowing Stay safe & dry Rob & Cindy
    Michelle & Mike

Thanks Chelle.....you be well, too.

I think its brandy tonight and snowblowing tomorrow. We've got three movie rentals plus, the Celtics are on tonight.

PS - "Jager" sounds good...

Got about 6-7 inches here in NJ.had a problem with my snowblower only one side is working.Don't know how to fix it so I guess i will only use the one side till I get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Got about 6-7 inches here in NJ.had a problem with my snowblower only one side is working.Don't know how to fix it so I guess i will only use the one side till I get it fixed.
    You broke a shear pin. Its a "pin" that connects the snowblower auger to the shaft. When it breaks, the shaft spins....the auger doesn't.

It's designed to do that...it protects the engine and drive train from severe damage in the event you hit something (curb, ice). A cheap, 5 minute fix. Buy a bunch and keep them on hand.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    UGH! 8 inches and still snowing...
    Im gonna just sit back and daydream about where I was at this time last week!

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    You broke a shear pin. Its a "pin" that connects the snowblower auger to the shaft. When it breaks, the shaft spins....the auger doesn't.

It's designed to do that...it protects the engine and drive train from severe damage in the event you hit something (curb, ice). A cheap, 5 minute fix. Buy a bunch and keep them on hand.
    I bought the snowblower at Sears,will they have the shear pins? I guess they will be able to show me how they go on.
    Thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    I bought the snowblower at Sears,will they have the shear pins? I guess they will be able to show me how they go on.
    Thanks Rob.
    Mine is Sears also....unfortunately, there is no standard size. Make sure you take your model number, or, even better, your owner's manual to the store. A couple of years ago the local store didn't have the right one for me so I had to mail order.

If you can't find your owner's manual, try on-line.

They're very easy to install. Good luck.

PS...my snowblower came with two spare shear pins, they were in a little black plastic box mounted on the body of the snowblower. It's worth looking!
    Last edited by rob o; 12-19-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast