Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow in the northeast

Have to agree with ya Cindy & Rob......... "A" could be the answer, but right now it most definently is "B". We are at 17 degrees and flash freeze warnings for overnite. We are soooo ready for summer. We unfortunately will not be in Aruba this year. Going to Naples & Orlando FL for 8 days in less than a month

Be safe and warm everyone. We have family in NH and they are still without power. 10 days and counting, they have noo clue when it's coming back on.
    Michelle & Mike

Aruba since 1979
    creating a poll

create a new thread
    scroll down on that "new thread page"
    there is polling info/options right there!

my suggestion for polling
    Aruba weather is:
    USUALLY sunny and reliable
    Typically sunny and reliable
    Better than snow, ice, biting wind
    all of the above

btw, I-95 here in the waterville area is CLOSED
    cars are off the roads, the

we have approx 18" blowing/drifting snow and the weather folks on the tv are calling it not only blizzard, but thunder snow.

poor Belle is doing her business right outside on the back porch where we shoveled a little path for her.

poor Boots is having great difficulty manuevering the deep snow....he likes to do his business in "private" and makes his way to the far northeast corner of the property, paul plowed a small path for him to get to his "bathroom"

dear son is snowbound in fairfield

so this is fun to watch, from the confines of my living room
    andrea

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I hate the freaking snow..its not pretty, its not fun, its horrible to be cold

Aruba since 1979
    i agree cindy
    i would rather be HOT than cold
    cold is painful

You all have my deepest sympathies.

Pushing a snow blower or riding a snow tractor are much tougher than applying suntan lotion liberally multiple times per day.

Nice to see you posting Michelle. Hope all is well with you and yours.

I think if it's going to be cold let it snow. I barely ever get any snow being so close to the shore the ocean water temps play games with the weather. We have only had a few really cold days. It's been averaging 45 degress. Basically half the temp thats in Aruba! Now I'm depressed.

Nooooooo, no snow!!! While I don't like the cold, I REALLY don't like the snow!!! And it's headed our way tomorrow night. We leave for Aruba out of Boston early Wednesday morning ... if this storm holds us hostage and doesn't let us leave, I'll freak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    Nooooooo, no snow!!! While I don't like the cold, I REALLY don't like the snow!!! And it's headed our way tomorrow night. We leave for Aruba out of Boston early Wednesday morning ... if this storm holds us hostage and doesn't let us leave, I'll freak!!!
    Best of luck....hope you get out on time....what airline are you flying?

One thing to remember about New England forecasts....they usually make it sound worse than it turns out.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks, Rob O. We're flying USAir through Philly leaving at 5:30 a.m. Wed. I have been glued to the weather reports and watching the hour-by-hour forecasts. We are driving from Western Mass, originally planning to leave around 2:00 a.m. May have to change the plans and leave a bit earlier as snow is expected to start here around 11p or 12a!!! Our connection time in Philly is very short, so our flight from Boston has to leave on time ... ahhh the stress of traveling from the Northeast in the winter! But it will be well worth it once we touch down in paradise!

Oh how I HATE the snow. But you're right ... they do generally make it sound worse than it really is. Let's hope that's the case this time!

EHampite - We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and look forward to seeing your post from Aruba declaring a safe and timely arrival.

Did you ever consider one of the hotels near Logan that offer free parking for a week if you stay overnight before departure? Just a thought....not sure how long you'll be away.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast