Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Snow in the northeast

Thanks Lisa, glad to be back The family is doing well Happy to hear you and yours had a wonderful Christmas & New Years

I'm praying that all we get tomorrow is a 90 minute delay for school. But I have that gut feeling tomorrow's gonna be nasty

Can't wait to get on that beach in Florida
    Michelle & Mike

Aruba since 1979
    our flight to aruba is on thurs 8th from boston (hopefully weather will cooperate)

we are doing the park sleep fly thing at a marriott courtyard in s boston $169 plus tax includes parking! for 2 wks

and due to the weather SNOW coming, we are driving down a day earlier (this afternoon) to avoid the snow and ice and addidng 1 more day to the marriott courtyard for $100

we do not want to make the trek on wednesday in the snow........200 miles on I95 is not a pleasant thought in the snow.

will be online later from boston

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Good idea getting over there early Andrea. Sounds like its gonna be messy tomorrow.
    Hope you have a wonderful trip !

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You all have my deepest sympathies.
    65 degrees but showery here in HOTlanta today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    Thanks Lisa, glad to be back Can't wait to get on that beach in Florida
    Do enjoy! I just know it is well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and due to the weather SNOW coming, we are driving down a day earlier (this afternoon) to avoid the snow and ice
    Be SAFE and ENJOY!

Enjoy Andrea, and 40 here in Sunny CAL

Hope you guys got to Boston safe & hopefully the weather doesn't stop your plane from going out on Thursday.

It's 30 and cloudy in Hartford
    Michelle & Mike

Andrea
    Hoping you have a safe/easy drive to Boston and fly out on time!!
    Enjoy!
    Maureen

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    EHampite - We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and look forward to seeing your post from Aruba declaring a safe and timely arrival.

Did you ever consider one of the hotels near Logan that offer free parking for a week if you stay overnight before departure? Just a thought....not sure how long you'll be away.
    Thanks, Rob O - I will try and post our experience upon arrival.

We actually did consider doing a park sleep fly package, but ended up just pre-booking parking at Embassy Suites (parking only, no room). I now wish I had booked the room! It's about a 2-hr ride for us normally to get to Logan, but the flights out of Boston were so much cheaper than flying out of Hartford which is only about a 35 minute drive!

We'll have to rethink our future winter travel plans and play it safe next time!

Thanks again for your good thoughts, and we will hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    65 degrees but showery here in HOTlanta today.
    I had it coming!

We just got our power back after two hours without. Downed tree on a power line after the winds picked up following the heavy rain. Lived in NJ 39 years and only lost power maybe once every ten years...here in the stix we lose power at least every couple of months...

Dh like the trooper he is continued cooking dinner via flashlight and candlelight.

Dd said dinner was so romantic with just candlelight, "we never did it before". Little does she know dh and I used to have them at least once a month before she came along.

Safe travels to those driving in rotten weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    our flight to aruba is on thurs 8th from boston (hopefully weather will cooperate)

we are doing the park sleep fly thing at a marriott courtyard in s boston $169 plus tax includes parking! for 2 wks

and due to the weather SNOW coming, we are driving down a day earlier (this afternoon) to avoid the snow and ice and addidng 1 more day to the marriott courtyard for $100

we do not want to make the trek on wednesday in the snow........200 miles on I95 is not a pleasant thought in the snow.

will be online later from boston
    Andrea have a great trip. Looking forward to your report.!!

AM

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast