Aruba Beach

Thread: SPAIN

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

Smile SPAIN

Hola FromSpain! Bienvenida!

How exciting to have you here. I have been to Spain several times and have such fond memories.

CK1, muchas gracias! I'm glad you liked what you saw and experienced in Spain, it is a lovely country, with an interesting and ancient culture.
    I'm curious to know what Spanish regions you visited.

Andrea, plase, if you drop by this post I'd like to tell you that I am not getting notifications to my email, eventhough I have configured it in my panel to receive instant notifications. I have checked and do not figure out what can be the problem.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by fromspain View Post
    CK1, muchas gracias! I'm glad you liked what you saw and experienced in Spain, it is a lovely country, with an interesting and ancient culture.
    I'm curious to know what Spanish regions you visited.

Andrea, plase, if you drop by this post I'd like to tell you that I am not getting notifications to my email, eventhough I have configured it in my panel to receive instant notifications. I have checked and do not figure out what can be the problem.
    De nada, FromSpain!

The first time I went to Spain was when we were just driving along the Cote d'Azur without any real goal, just driving south and exploring, on the lookout for windsurfing and horseback riding. We found both after we had just crossed the border from France to Spain, following the little serpentine street along the coast. The little fisher village is called Llanca. And from here, my love story for Spain began.

The Costa Brava is very charming. Been to Port de la Selva, Cadaques (Dali had a home there at the sea), Roses, Empuriabravas, Figueres (Dali's museum it there). Fulfilled a childhood dream when being for the first time on a horse. And bought my own horse when back home. I lived in Germany then.

On another trip with friends we decided to tour Andalucia, we were camping, starting out from the Costa Brava, then to Alicante, Murcia, Granada, Ronda, Sevilla, Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz and then back driving along the coast. It was fascinating seeing those magnificent buildings of ancient times.

I also spent a vacation in the area of Malaga, very nice with the ocean and white sand on one side and the mountains on the other.

And one of the highlights was an extended stay in Barcelona where I studied Spanish in "El Centro" for four months. Barcelona has so much to offer, so much life and culture, so many places to visit. And it seems the city never sleeps. Sitges was easy to reach by train, we went there sometimes to the beach. Or during Easter, the streets were decorated with fantastic flower pictures.

During that time, I also went to Pamplona to attend San Fermin festival. Didn't run with the bulls in the streets and preferred to rather watch from a safe spot.

There is much I love about Spain: the warm weather, the rich culture, the excellent food, the music, guitars, flamenco, or just listening to the language.

I've also traveled to Spain many times, each of them very enjoyable. My blog has lots of photos of the historic sites, hotels, restaurants, and more. Will be headed back soon. Can't wait.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

here I come Spain...

[QUOTE=fromspain;195789]CK1,I'm curious to know what Spanish regions you visited.

I will be in Barcelona and Majorca in May..so psyched !

Wow!

I can't believe I missed these answers. Thank you so much for replying.
    I was not getting email notifications until very recently.

CK1, you have travelled thru north and south, very nice cities and places indeed. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay here and glad you visited Alicante, where I live.
    Yes, Barcelona is a great city and it truly never sleeps. It is a bit funny though that you went to Barcelona to learn Spanish when they're trying so hard over there to make Catalán the main language, so much so that is compulsory to study in catalán all subjects in schools and there's a lot of controversy throughout Spain for this. In some places they do not even care to answer or talk to you in Spanish and insist in speaking Catalán. Anyway, political issues apart, Cataluña in general is a great city and has given birth to great painters, poets, architects, writers and musicians.

Do you still practice horse riding? I tried it once as a kid...and never again. I got really frightened . I do admire those who can do it gracelly and fearlessly.

SanNic44: I have visited your blog. Great reading and wonderful photos! You have travelled to less touristic areas yet extremely interesting and full of history and Spanish flavour. Good for you!
    I just love the rural houses and small town hotels you've been to. It makes my mouth watery just to think about the food you've tasted over there.

cindyo: Enjoy your trip and have a nice vacation in Spain! Too bad you will not pass by Alicante , though Mallorca island is geographically very near.
    Last edited by fromspain; 03-08-2011 at 07:57 PM.