Aruba Beach

Thread: SPAM alert!

SPAM alert!

I have been getting weird emails ...anyone else?kok

Re: Greetings!

We established our BBS (http://liver-health.info/.)not only for the patients with hepatitis but also those healthy people. We aim to make an increasing of people know about hepatitis and the prevention of it.

I don't think you will exclude healthy and positive things,will you?

Nico

Exclamation SPAM Alert

Hi Gucci

Yes it is being sent as Spam. Our company is heavily involved in Internet and Network security. We have seen this email before. I have submitted it to our devel team in California to see what more we can find out about the sender/origin and what can be done to stop it.

While I do not wish to criticise, some BBS software systems can be penetrated by spammers for setting up botnets and relays. I have also received this email via aruba.com, so that is interesting.

How bad is the rate of spam transmittal?? Yesterday for an automotive dealership we setup a blocker that arrests all inbound spam.Within the 1st 24hrs, 98.3% of all incoming email traffic is Spam.

I strongly urge PC users, ( individuals, small business and especially Enterprise) to obtain protection and keep it current. Older antispam products are now successfully bypassed by the spammers, many of whom are well funded and linked to criminal elements.

If we make progress, I will post again

Hi,

we are very sorry about this. Some user manually registerd and than used some automatic script to send mass SPAM PNs to some of our users. I've manually deleted the PNs from this users. Neverless some PN information mails were send out

Kind regards

Simon

Info

Simon

Do you have any header or other info that would assist us. Was the script installed onto the BBS. We can take this offline if you wish

A

Aruba since 1979
    thaks simon for tending to this!
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by MrBurns View Post
    Hi,

we are very sorry about this. Some user manually registerd and than used some automatic script to send mass SPAM PNs to some of our users. I've manually deleted the PNs from this users. Neverless some PN information mails were send out

Kind regards

Simon