Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Spay Neuter Clinic for Aruba in April

Spay Neuter Clinic for Aruba in April

Animal Balance is coming to Aruba April. They will be setting up clinics on the island to do spay/neuter. We are looking for a donation of airline miles for 2 round trip tickets of approx. 75,000 each to bring the Animal Balance Director and Medical Director to Aruba for the spay neuter campaign in April for the following airlines, American, Delta and United. Please message us if you can help! Or message us at Operation Cunucu? The facebook page for this campaign is: https://www.facebook.com/operation-c...1809555594030/.
    Animal Balance website is http://www.animalbalance.org.

Mindy from Kansas City
    "I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control" ~~JB

Aruba since 1979
    thanks mindy!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Thanks Mindy.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I love that Marie and her crew were able to pull this off. Hopefully the spay and neuter clinic will make a noticeable difference. So many were skeptical about whether it would get done and although technically it hasn't happened yet I am absolutely thrilled that it looks as if everything is a go. On a side note I wonder how mission critical it is for the Directors being there or if they just want to check out Aruba lol

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    I love that Marie and her crew were able to pull this off. Hopefully the spay and neuter clinic will make a noticeable difference. So many were skeptical about whether it would get done and although technically it hasn't happened yet I am absolutely thrilled that it looks as if everything is a go. On a side note I wonder how mission critical it is for the Directors being there or if they just want to check out Aruba lol
    Hi Curt, I'm thrilled as well that the spay/neuter clinic will come to Aruba on April 25. Marie and so many other rescue organizations on Aruba have been working so hard to make it happen.

I wish them all the best and hope it will be a great success and make a big difference to save many of those precious lives of so many dogs and cats.

A big Thank You to you as well for your Podcast interviews!

Aruba since 1979
    Remember too that if you cannot help them financially or with air miles, you can as a tourist "adopt" a wonderful authentic conucu pet.

private message forum members Sugar, billstellar or me for more details.

let's help these beautiful aruba animals if we can.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Hi Curt, I'm thrilled as well that the spay/neuter clinic will come to Aruba on April 25. Marie and so many other rescue organizations on Aruba have been working so hard to make it happen.

I wish them all the best and hope it will be a great success and make a big difference to save many of those precious lives of so many dogs and cats.

A big Thank You to you as well for your Podcast interviews!
    I only wish I could be down there for the clinic takes place, but I don't see that happening. Marie kind of caught me off guard when she reached out. I put out a request for interviews and she responded probably less than 5 minutes later. I asked when she wanted to schedule it and I think she said she "is tomorrow good" lol. Her passion is like a friggin' tsunami so I'm not surprised the fundraiser was a success. The next animal focused interview I need is with ARF they are a bit more elusive but I think I am finally wearing them down.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    I only wish I could be down there for the clinic takes place, but I don't see that happening. Marie kind of caught me off guard when she reached out. I put out a request for interviews and she responded probably less than 5 minutes later. I asked when she wanted to schedule it and I think she said she "is tomorrow good" lol. Her passion is like a friggin' tsunami so I'm not surprised the fundraiser was a success. The next animal focused interview I need is with ARF they are a bit more elusive but I think I am finally wearing them down.
    Yes, Marie is very passionate about helping the precious dogs, puppies, cats and kittens of Aruba. I don't know her in person but was very touched by hearing her voice on your Podcast interview. You did a fantastic job as well! So sensitive!

I would love to listen to another member of the rescue community, like ARF. They are all working so hard! I have a lot of respect and compassion for all of them!

Much good Luck to you, Curt, for your next interview! Looking forward to it!

Came across this in the Caribbean Journal:

http://caribjournal.com/2016/01/20/h...dogs-and-cats/

After visiting Aruba for the past 30 years and living in Aruba for the past 12 years trying to help the animals one at a time, the spay/neuter campaign sponsored by the Bucuti Hotel is the most positive step yet in finally controlling the stray dog and cat population of Aruba. The owner of the Bucuti hotel has always been an advocate for the Aruba animals, so it is not surprising that they have made a multi year commitment to this campaign. When first hearing about the campaign, I wondered if people would take advantage of the program, but in less than 3 weeks since it's start, more than 800 animals have been registered! All vets on the island are participating in the campaign. The rescue groups are also allowed to take advantage of the low cost spay/neuter.
    https://www.facebook.com/stimamisterilisami/

There is an education program being developed for the schools also.

Maybe there is finally hope in getting the stray animal population under control?

Kathy, on behalf of Arf-Aruba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast