Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Spray paint vandalism @ Alto Vista Chapel

I did not know what the writing said but I now have a good idea....I get it, he still needs to be a better outlet- see above. Sorry but that is how I feel.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    There is much more spray paint vandalism going on, all over Aruba!

As I completely agree, if those allegations are true, that something needs to be done immediately! I disagree that more and more vandalism has been done! I think whoever is behind this got the attention of the media and authorities. This story has been in the local media for days! There IS a public outrage already.

Here is a Google translation of today's Amigoe article:

Vandalism 'pedofiel' text continues

Friday, May 27 2016 14:20

ORANJESTAD - While investigating the possible perpetrator of the graffiti on the Alto Vista Chapel is still ongoing, the painter has struck again. This morning turned out to be the words 'pedophile' to both the church of Brazil and on the ruins of Bushiribana.

On the wall of the church of Brazil is the accusation that the priest is a pedophile. Last Tuesday was the Alto Vista Chapel target of a similar message, but with the text that Minister Benny Sevinger is pedophile.

Also in the ruins of Bushiribana, come to a place where many tourists, it was hit this morning. Both the exterior and interior and the information board are smeared. It would there not be done with a spray can, but with paint.

Amigoe asked the Public Prosecutor (OM) a reaction and whether this is possible if the same perpetrator to Alto Vista. The spokesman announced that the 'busy' examination and that she can not give more details at this time.

Earlier vandalism

On April 5, the first graffiti took place. When the blue horse art at the Public Prosecution was provided with graffiti text 'pedophile'. It soon turned out that Reginald Danies is the culprit, a father who demands attention that way for a sex case involving his daughters are involved. He continued his action and daubed include also the anchor at San Nicolas, the I Love Aruba board at the Administration Office, bus shelters and the wall of the Representation of the Netherlands in Aruba (VNO). Police stopped Danies thereon to, on April 13, to remind him of the consequences of vandalism. The father was still released the same day.

Or his action still has to put and is responsible for the graffiti at the Alto Vista Chapel, Brazil and Bushiribana is not known.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Last edited by CK1; 05-27-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i read the same thing on an aruba FB page Michael, and i followed it up with a phone call to a Jamaican friend who
    works @ the Marriott in Aruba. She gave me quite an earful but still has some lingering doubt of the whole story.

Incredibly sad, and horrible if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Hey folks.... yeah, I was pretty pissed about this rash of spray painting too, still am, however, I'm more pissed at the reason it's happening.
    Here's a little back story. It seems the person with the spray can has been dealing with some issues regarding his children for a few years, yes, reporting the abuses of someone he knows quite well to the police. However, from what I'm told by a native on the island and someone who knows the story better than any of us, the person making the complaints and requests to the police for assistance is being ignored. The reason.... FROM WHAT I'M TOLD, and remember I said that, it's because he's a Rastafarian. No, not much of a reason, but segregation still happens in the strangest of places.

Glean from this what you will.
    Considering what the fellow's been through, if it were me, I might react the same way...

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Special place in HELL when you vandalize a church !!! No excuses, last I checked that building never hurt anyone !!!!

Just to be clear, in no way am I advocating writing on church walls....I think that is disgusting, but not near the level of disgusting as anything with a child.

CK1
    I agree, harming a child in any way is most disgusting!

As I do not know details of the allegations, I find it strange that a priest of the church of Brazil is accused as a pedophile? And at the text which was supposedly written at the Alto Vista Chapel, Minister Benny Sevinger is accused as a pedophile? ~ According the the Amigoe article.

It seems there is a long list of vandalism:

Alto Vista Chapel
    Church of Brazil
    Ruins of Bushiribana
    A Blue Horse art
    The red anchor at San Nicholas
    The "I love Aruba" sign
    Bus stop shelters
    The wall at the Representation of the Netherlands in Aruba (VNO)

CK1
    Some more pictures of more graffiti:

http://www.awe24.com/20160501/24690/...ia_ta_sigui_cu

Aruba since 1979
    it is unfortunate and tragic that the perp had to resort to vandalism and defiling of other's properties to make a statement or get someone's attention.

when i posted the original (1st) post in this thread, I had no idea it was something other than a stupid person being destructive.

i am moving this to off topic as this is totally now not tourist related.

Yikes. This thread took a disturbing turn.

Aruba since 1979
    no kiddin
    i am sorry that i ever posted the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Yikes. This thread took a disturbing turn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast