Aruba Beach

Thread: St. Baldricks

St. Baldricks

Fellow Aruba Lovers:

This may be way off topic however I am going to feel you all out. I am raising money for a charity called St. Baldricks. The money donated to this charity goes to childrens cancer research and raises millions annually. I am a proud firefighter and participant at this event where donations are made on your head/hair. When the local event date arrives we shave our heads in support to those children with cancer trying to show them that we are all equal.

So I'm extending my olive branch to one of my favorite forums, and most definately my favorite place to vacation. I am asking you all for a donation on my head for charity! The link below will take you directly to my participant page where you can submit a safe and secure donation to St. Baldricks.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ipantid/433661

You can also go to www.stbaldricks.org for more information and to see some of the stories associated with this organization. My event is being held in Providence, RI for all those from the Northeast.

I thank you ahead of time for reading this and maybe looking at the website, whether you donate or not I really do appreciate your time!

Sincerely,

Chris Gouette
    Submarine Base FD
    Groton, CT

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Chris,
    We're from RI...
    Just checked out your website, info is very vague...time, reservations, pictures...will you be updating this?

PARTICIPATION DETAILS

Venue:
    McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon
    Providence, RI
    Team:
    Southern New England Fraternal Order of Leatherheads
    Event Date:
    March 23, 2011

I checked the donation link and it is a secure website.

@Arubalisa: thanks for posting that info!
    @cindyo: sorry for the vagueness of the team page...I will be posting a "before picture" soon...I usually have short hair and have not cut it in over a month. Since my hair grows in pretty thick and fast I'll have a small area rug on top of my head when the event actually happens. As Arubalisa posted the event is being held at McFaddens restaurant and bar and starts at 600PM but we are getting our hair shaved at 815PM as of right now. Once I get back home I'll post "after" pictures for everyones enjoyment. Last year mjn109 and I went to a restaurant and the server thought that my "natural tiger striping" was cool LOLOL!

Thanks for the interest!

Aruba since 1979
    ffgoo is the Dad of baby dylan!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks for the info. The restaurant is around the corner from where my daughter goes to college.