Aruba Beach

Thread: sunday the 22nd here in MAINE

Aruba since 1979

sunday the 22nd here in MAINE

we live about 20 miles east of anson, so we are going to take in the "maple festival at LUCEs"

Maine Maple Sunday Written by Staff Thursday, 20 March 2008
    AUGUSTA - Gov. John Baldacci kicked off the maple syrup season by tapping a tree on the Blaine House lawn. But the treat won't come cheap this year.
    Michael Smith from the Maine Maple Producers Association says two bad syrup-production years coupled with increased demand have depleted Maine and Canadian syrup surpluses totaling 60 million pounds. That means prices will be up. Smith predicts an increase of 20 to 30 percent.
    Many syrup producers like Smith and Ed Jillson of Jillson's Farm Stand in Sabattus say they have to buy syrup to keep up with demand. Jillson says demand is so steep he "can never make enough."
    Nearly 7.3 million taps were sunk into trees by American syrup producers last winter, and more than three-quarters of those taps were in New England and New York. U.S. agricultural statistics show Vermont leads Maine in syrup production, followed by No. 3 New York. For information on Maine Maple Sunday locations go to http://www.getrealmaine.com/visit/ma...le_sunday.html
    In Somerset County:
    Haulks Maple, Madison, Tour of sugarhouse, demonstration of syrup-making process. Sample baked goods made with maple syrup. Free recipes, free coloring books for kids. Maple syrup and maple products for sale. Call ahead on other days. Open by chance. 207-474-8047 Open: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Luce's Maine Maple Syrup, Anson, Tour saphouse, sample maple dishes, ice cream with maple syrup. Maple Syrup and maple products are available year-round at Luce's Meats in Anson. 207-696-3732 Open: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-20-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Enjoy!

So sad to hear the price of yet something else is going up out of sight! Get your wheelbarrels ready to do your grocery shopping!

Andrea, We have been using nothing but real maple syrup for a few years now....I am not sure when it happened, but about 1 yr ago I started making home made pancakes for Sunday breakfast and my brother-in-law is a regular...about a month ago I ran out of real syrup and you would have thought the world was coming to an end!!!
    Luckily I was flying to Calgary for work and brought home a liter of real maple syrup....very expensive, but worth every penny !!!!!!
    So, now my question...(ever notice how long it takes me to get to the point???)...do you have any idea whether the places you mentioned sells and ships syrup ???? Besides to major retailers that is????
    Would love some freshly tapped and processes syrup !!!!
    I even have a better idea....you could jump in a vehicle and bring me some and then I could make you pancakes and bacon for breakfast !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    let me ask about the shipping

also too tell me what you are paying there for real syrup and if i can get it here and send it to you for the same price or less i will

i think here, it is sold by quarts and half gallon

you are too funny

March 22 in Maine...equinox weekend. Just think, you'll have more hours or daylight than Aruba from now through September 21!

PS - So won't the North Pole!

....and that's a FACT!!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    you sure that is NOT a rumor????

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    March 22 in Maine...equinox weekend. Just think, you'll have more hours or daylight than Aruba from now through September 21!

PS - So won't the North Pole!

....and that's a FACT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you sure that is NOT a rumor????

andrea

Very much so....it is a fact.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    let me ask about the shipping

also too tell me what you are paying there for real syrup and if i can get it here and send it to you for the same price or less i will

i think here, it is sold by quarts and half gallon

you are too funny
    Andrea,
    I have bought 1/2 gallons and they cost about $60.00...sometimes a little less/more depending on where you buy.
    The liter I brought from Canada was 29.00 Canadian and I think that is about 23.50 US.
    So if you can get if for me at a reasonable price + s/h, I will gladly sent you a check for the cost !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME