Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ta-ta for now Amy!

We just arrived home yesterday afternoon after 10 days in England!

I survived the pub crawls (and there were many)....but I think it slowed us down a bit in the afternoon.

Walked ALOT...and went to ALOT of pubs (hard to pass up when they're on almost every corner, each one is so unique and different, and...I usually needed a museum break.)

The history there is amazing.....also had a trip to Stonehenge, Bath (saw an ancient Roman bath), and Salisbury (saw the actual Magna Carta in Salisbury.) At the London museums saw part of the Rosetta Stone, one of the Easter Island statues, many paintings by Monet, Picasso, Cezanne......list goes on....also toured Churchill's Cabinet War Rooms during WWII.

We'll definitely be back! Photos coming soon....(I took a ton!)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy,

Did you see Aruba marked on Churchhill's Warroom Strategic Map? It was, all because of that magnificent refinery in San Nicolaas.

By the way, judging by your ability to survive all these pubs, my friends and I from the Philadelphia waterfront have made you an honorary "sailor." (Patch and ID card to follow someday soon.) Of course, you will have to pass the final certification in September.

All the best and see you on the island soon.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Welcome home !

Ditto Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Amy,

Did you see Aruba marked on Churchhill's Warroom Strategic Map? It was, all because of that magnificent refinery in San Nicolaas.

By the way, judging by your ability to survive all these pubs, my friends and I from the Philadelphia waterfront have made you an honorary "sailor." (Patch and ID card to follow someday soon.) Of course, you will have to pass the final certification in September.

All the best and see you on the island soon.

I took a few photos of some of the map rooms but I didn't look for Aruba. It was an amazing place as you envisioned what it would have been like during WWII with bombing going on outside.

I did survive the pubs but my waistline did not so I need to cut out the beer for the next couple of months and get back to the gym so I can be ready for Aruba in Sept. Funny, how quickly those pounds can sneak up on you when you go from eating healthy salads and chicken at home to beer (not light beer either) and chips in London!

Hope to have a link to our photos within the next couple of weeks.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12