Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Thankful for...... Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday - there are no expectations or disappointments. Its all about love, family, friends (including the cyber ones) and being grateful for what I have in my life. I'm thankful for my parents who are still here and in pretty good health. Most importantly, I'm thankful God created Aruba!

The Spouse, Aruba, Paris and Egyptian Cotton Sheets.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends here on the forum.

Glenn

Winnipeg, Canada

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Is it time to eat yet??

Aruba since 1979
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Is it time to eat yet??
    Yes, bacon and mimosas for everyone!

Happ Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Happy Thanksgivings to all..

Worked Tuesday and was having a "pity me" night... this lady I will call Ms. B (girls call her a pita but never had her) comes to my desk..
    Explained to her its late. She stated "my roommate is dying. I have been holding her hand for hours; and thought maybe she wants to be left alone.
    Told her sometimes people do like to be alone but know for sure she is happy you are there with her. The hearing is the last thing to go and if you tell her it's okay she might go.
    WOW... so we chatted for a while, giving her a plate of homemade food. She told me she went to Aruba once but didn't like it cause she didn't know how to swim in the blue waters.. her brother drowned.
    She wanted to sing her roommate a song but didn't know how to sing.. ask her what song would you. She said you know the peace on earth thing?
    So I put the tune on my phone and she lipped sang it as loud as she could.. (now I am close to tears)
    Ask her if she me to go with her and sing to her and tell her it is okay the angels are waiting..
    We go to the room together and she is holding her frail hand telling her that everyone is waiting for her and to please tell her husband and kids hello
    Left the room after a while to check on my pt.'s leaving my phone behind (it's only a few months old but only a phone)
    She returns back to me in an 30 minutes or so and ask if I could please open the window... I asked "why" she said she finally went and I want to make sure her spirits goes right to heaven
    We sat with her for a while and then I told Ms. B thank you for making this Thanksgiving the most "thankful" one ever.. she made me realize a lot tonight
    She made a huge difference in me that night.

I am crying as I type this. God bless all of those who have lost of loved ones recently or who have loved ones battling sickness or disease. God bless America.

QUOTE=brady bear;308302]Happy Thanksgivings to all..

Worked Tuesday and was having a "pity me" night... this lady I will call Ms. B (girls call her a pita but never had her) comes to my desk..
    Explained to her its late. She stated "my roommate is dying. I have been holding her hand for hours; and thought maybe she wants to be left alone.
    Told her sometimes people do like to be alone but know for sure she is happy you are there with her. The hearing is the last thing to go and if you tell her it's okay she might go.
    WOW... so we chatted for a while, giving her a plate of homemade food. She told me she went to Aruba once but didn't like it cause she didn't know how to swim in the blue waters.. her brother drowned.
    She wanted to sing her roommate a song but didn't know how to sing.. ask her what song would you. She said you know the peace on earth thing?
    So I put the tune on my phone and she lipped sang it as loud as she could.. (now I am close to tears)
    Ask her if she me to go with her and sing to her and tell her it is okay the angels are waiting..
    We go to the room together and she is holding her frail hand telling her that everyone is waiting for her and to please tell her husband and kids hello
    Left the room after a while to check on my pt.'s leaving my phone behind (it's only a few months old but only a phone)
    She returns back to me in an 30 minutes or so and ask if I could please open the window... I asked "why" she said she finally went and I want to make sure her spirits goes right to heaven
    We sat with her for a while and then I told Ms. B thank you for making this Thanksgiving the most "thankful" one ever.. she made me realize a lot tonight
    She made a huge difference in me that night.[/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979
    Oh that is so sad.
    God bless you for what u do!!

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Happy Thanksgivings to all..

She made a huge difference in me that night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast