Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Is there anywhere THIS good?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    As far as I am aware the Divi Flamingo has a casino. Never been inside though. Curacao has casinos as well.

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    bonaire

    http://www.sorobonbeachresort.com/en/

    this place is exquisite!
    as of dec 15 clothing is "required"
    no casino
    with the inclusion of clothing, this resort in bonaire will become very popular.
    the beach there is terrific.
    nope, never been there....but a friend of ours goes there 3 x a year and says it is his favorite place on earth.

  3. #13
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    48
    Posts
    337
    where I wouldnt' go back to.... jamaica (beautiful, but not safe, and they hound you) Domincia, (again beautiful, but they hound you) panama, isla margriata (armed guards) cancun (been there did that) bahamas (again did that)

    would go back, grand cayman, st john, st. thomas (but i have heard the crime has gotten bad there) curacao,

    but really why fix something that isn't broken?????
    ______________

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mr. Ratt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    707
    "why fix something that isn't broken?????"
    I only ask because, as much as the Lady and I love Aruba, the fact is that (A) it's a 4+ hour flight (a bit of a pain, in more ways than one), (B) it's getting more and more pricey every year (I'll not go on about airline prices and monopolies here, it's not the place) and (C) we would really like to head south a little more often. The benefits that go with being in that environment/atmosphere are numerous, and frankly, the Lady deserves more than one week a year in the sun.

    Other than that, there is NOWHERE we would rather be....
    Aruba, Aruba, no place I'd rather be than in Aruba....

    The chill's really starting to set in here, the little thermometer in the corner says it's -1, that's Celsius. Brrrrrr.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com




  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    BERMUDA in April and May is Glorious and maybe less than a 4 hr flight for you and your bride.

    Bermuda is beautiful, the people are lovely but it is pricey.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    "why fix something that isn't broken?????"
    I only ask because, as much as the Lady and I love Aruba, the fact is that (A) it's a 4+ hour flight (a bit of a pain, in more ways than one), (B) it's getting more and more pricey every year (I'll not go on about airline prices and monopolies here, it's not the place) and (C) we would really like to head south a little more often. The benefits that go with being in that environment/atmosphere are numerous, and frankly, the Lady deserves more than one week a year in the sun.

    Other than that, there is NOWHERE we would rather be....
    Aruba, Aruba, no place I'd rather be than in Aruba....

    The chill's really starting to set in here, the little thermometer in the corner says it's -1, that's Celsius. Brrrrrr.

  6. #16
    Member Steph853's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the beach at the raddison,!!
    Posts
    72
    If you look around you can find GREAT deals for Aruba...I love aruba, it is the only island my boyfriend will travel too! and my parents go twice a year in a timeshare....I am always on the look out for deals, travelzoo, cheapcarribien, bookit.com..I am constantly looking for deals... the past three years we have stayed at the raddison 5days4nights and it was been around $750..pp flight and hotel, this is in november..If you LOVE aruba spend the extra time on the computer, you will find a great deal, just be patient! good luck!

  7. #17
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph853 View Post
    the past three years we have stayed at the raddison 5days4nights and it was been around $750..pp flight and hotel, this is in november
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/players%20choice%20tours.html
    Player's Choice always offers specials on the Radisson and includes the Radisson's daily breakfast buffet.

  8. #18
    Senior Member hstvns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    BERMUDA in April and May is Glorious and maybe less than a 4 hr flight for you and your bride.

    Bermuda is beautiful, the people are lovely but it is pricey.
    That would be my next option. Been there several times early November, nice weather. Pricy.

  9. #19
    Senior Member jeffnev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Posts
    719
    Bermuda is wonderful, but expensive and seasonal. We have been there as late as October and the weather is still very nice but can be iffy for swimming. Have you thought of the West Coast of Florida? Marco Island, Sanibel Island, and the Sarasota area have wonderful beaches and the weather is usually good, although they do get "cold" spells. You can usually find good deals on the airfare and hotel if you stay away from the school vacation weeks. It's not Aruba but it is a viable alternative.


  10. #20
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Have you thought of the West Coast of Florida? Marco Island, Sanibel Island, and the Sarasota area have wonderful beaches and the weather is usually good, although they do get "cold" spells. You can usually find good deals on the airfare and hotel if you stay away from the school vacation weeks. It's not Aruba but it is a viable alternative.
    Good idea! We've been to Siesta Key (near Sarasota) several times and love it there. Beautiful, sugary, white sand beaches....and cute little bars and restaurants in the downtown village area.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO