Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anywhere THIS good?

Plain and simple ....NO.....Thats my final answer.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I can not wait to go. I just hope when we leave the weather here is fine to travel. we are in NJ so anything goes with the weather. LOL..

I am with Dan on this one.....only Aruba....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    BERMUDA in April and May is Glorious and maybe less than a 4 hr flight for you and your bride.

Bermuda is beautiful, the people are lovely but it is pricey.
    Our #1 choice because of quick (1 1/2 hrs)flight from Boston, the absolute beauty of the island, and the nicest friendliest people ever! We stay at a small apt hotel w/pool and quick walk to the beach, take food for three meals, and eat out the other two nights -- the whole trip including flight is about $1200 for two for 5 days! There is no "bad" place to stay in Bermuda and you can easily do a budget trip!
    October and May are our favorite months there.

Sanibel Island used to be better before the bridge and high rises went in (yes, I'm showing my age!!), but it's still a great place!

Aruba since 1979
    ahhhhh love sanibel

and getting back to mr ratt's original question i have another answer........
    KEY WEST
    'cept the beaches are not as soft sand.
    the folks are friendly.
    the food is great.
    the atmosphere marvelous.
    pretty safe walking.

and for mr ratt from ontario...............still a 3 1/2 hr flight to miami and then a puddle jumper on to the keys or a few hour drive.

key west is really a blast and a great place for a few days.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we like the bahamas too but unfortunately their weather is very "iffy" in the winter..... sometimes pretty cool. (certainly not freezing though)
    The Exumas are farther south and tend to be warmer!

Key West is one place that's calling me to come visit!

Interesting how many people suggested the Gulf Coast of Florida.
    I actually lived in the Bradenton-Sarasota area for a few years during the mid-80's, so I'm familiar with the beauty of the place. Even more coincidental, or perhaps odd, was the fact that while living down there, my Lady was also in the Sarasota area, with her husband-at-the-time, and she too has always loved the area.
    Something HAS indeed been calling us both back there. Perhaps a trip "home" may be in the works. Gotta be less expensive than flying to the Caribbean. (Sorry to bring that up again, but it is what it is...)
    May be time for a bit of a "homecoming", though I'm pretty sure things have changed a bit over the last 15 or so years.
    As much as I don't mean to sway this discussion from Aruba, I have to wonder if the Tamiami strip between Bradenton and Sarasota is pretty much the same as ever. Somehow I would bet it is.

Still dreaming of Aruba, waiting for the 1st week in April, reunion with good friends from England and "family" in paradise...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Key West is one place that's calling me to come visit!
    Fly into Fort Myers then take the boat "Express to Key West". It's a blast and alleviates that boring, long drive.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    sorry mr ratt, didn't mean to offend!

I totally agree, that there are many places to see in this world. But aruba is my love! (i gave up going this past year, so we could go to fla, where my husband wanted to go)

I also agree that its expensive to go, but I keep checking for good rates. We are hoping to go in march, right now the air is over 1800 for the 4 of us.
    I keep hoping i open that conintenal and a good rate pops out!

I would love to go to the keys, hopefully one day.

aruba for me is a 5 hr flight, as we are in NJ. Thank goodness we can do non stop.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast