Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is there anywhere THIS good?

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by hstvns View Post
    Fly into Fort Myers then take the boat "Express to Key West". It's a blast and alleviates that boring, long drive.
    I've never heard of it -- how long is the trip? Fun, huh? I'lll Google it!
    Thought it might be fun to drive down the Keys, stopping at a couple of spots for a night or two and enjoying good beaches!

Funny we are actually spending a week at my brothers winter condo in Fort Myers area before heading to our house in Aruba.....was already thinking if the weather is nice we would take that ferry to Key West. Will be fun to compare both places.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.seakeywest.com/rates.html

we did it a few years ago for an overnight.
    loved key west.
    very seasick on the boat.
    according to my husband, the water was quite calm.........you'd never know by me.
    rented a car and drove back to naples area.

Thanks for that post Andrea as I do get seasick also!! For some reason I am fine on rides, cars etc. but get me on a boat and it is different. I am okay if it is dead calm or on the big cruise ships. Maybe the ferry is something for me to skip and on a future visit to Florida we will just drive down there.

After a few days of banging this idea around, it would seem that we're starting to lean toward.... St. Lucia. While searching we ran across a place called the St. Lucia by Rex, I would gather that Rex is the name of the hotel chain.
    From the description, the facility sounds distinctly familiar... AI with buffet, numerous restaurants, the whole family thing, long crescent shaped beach with access to the sister resort, the Royal, and all of its amenities as well. Hmmm. Sounds a lot like the Tam, and if that's the case, it just might be the location.
    Has anyone on this site been to St. Lucia?
    The mountains and rainforest are a distinct change from Aruba, we're just wondering about critters and things that go buzz in the night and such.
    As for the hassle on the beach thing, we've been told that's kept to a minimum, just as in Aruba.... another good point.

Any feedback anyone?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    After a few days of banging this idea around, it would seem that we're starting to lean toward.... St. Lucia. While searching we ran across a place called the St. Lucia by Rex, I would gather that Rex is the name of the hotel chain.
    From the description, the facility sounds distinctly familiar... AI with buffet, numerous restaurants, the whole family thing, long crescent shaped beach with access to the sister resort, the Royal, and all of its amenities as well. Hmmm. Sounds a lot like the Tam, and if that's the case, it just might be the location.
    Has anyone on this site been to St. Lucia?
    The mountains and rainforest are a distinct change from Aruba, we're just wondering about critters and things that go buzz in the night and such.
    As for the hassle on the beach thing, we've been told that's kept to a minimum, just as in Aruba.... another good point.

Any feedback anyone?
    As long as you don't plan on going too soon....St. Lucia got hit pretty hard this past week from Tomas.

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinati...7/1?csp=Travel
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    I've never heard of it -- how long is the trip? Fun, huh? I'lll Google it!
    Thought it might be fun to drive down the Keys, stopping at a couple of spots for a night or two and enjoying good beaches!
    It's about 3-1/2 hours.

as safe as Aruba, considering you can walk the streets with relative ease and safety here,.
    After a few days of banging this idea around, it would seem that we're starting to lean toward.... St. Lucia.
    We spent a full day in St. Lucia (Photos) and toured the island on a private tour seeing all of the highlights. Our observations...Were we happy we saw it? Yes. Do we have to go back? No.

St. Lucia is lush and beautiful. How important are beaches to you? There are plenty of activities in St. Lucia, but in our minds the beaches did not even come close in beauty to Aruba.

I know you are not American, but the info would be the same for anyone , take a look and compare the following, especially -- Medical Facilities and Health Information and Crime.

Aruba Country Specific Information

St. Lucia Country Specific Information

the fact is that (A) it's a 4+ hour flight (a bit of a pain, in more ways than one)
    Lastly, my first thought was what is the difference in flight time between the ABC islands and St. Lucia? Aruba is a bit further south, but St. Lucia is much further east.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-05-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Mr Ratt, I do not know much about the island, but I just saw this and thought of you!

http://www.divicarina.com/DiviCarina/

"Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort is going ALL-INCLUSIVE for 2011! Effective January 7, 2011- Divi Carina Bay becomes the ONLY all inclusive beach resort in St. Croix. Food, drinks, entertainment- it's all included!"

Thanks folks, and especially Arubalisa for that very interesting note.
    Being all too familiar with the Divi resorts, there's a very strong chance we'll be heading to St. Croix in the new year, as well as the annual Aruba migration.
    We'll let you know what happens....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast