Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Things I've learned while packing for a non-Aruba vacation.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Wave if passing N.J. Turnpike exit 9.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 06-28-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Tracey, do you have the option of traveling the Eastern Shore instead of I-95?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Tracey, do you have the option of traveling the Eastern Shore instead of I-95?
    Not really, adds a few hours. 95 is the most direct for us. When coming home from VA Beach we take 17 sometimes which isn't bad but for Myrtle, 95 is really all we have.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Enjoy and your next trip to Aruba will come before you know it. i know what you mean about those beach umbrellas and digging a hole. I hate it! Which makes me appreciate the palapas in aruba and the chair guy who I always tip a buck.

Thanks Ace. I really ejoyed reading about your trip. Lacabana is on our short list for our next trip, but we will probably end up back at Palm. It all depends on our budget and ability to compromise

OMG. I'm going on a non-Aruba beach vacation in September. Your post made me think, "What have I done?" I'm going to start having nightmares about beach umbrellas and chairs, and the ability to over pack; hubby beware. Although, we're planning on doing nothing but being beach bums all week and not even going out for more than 1 nice dinner, so that will eliminate the need for nicer clothes. Swimwear, shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops. Done.

We haven't gone on a week long non-Aruba vacation in many, many years. Let us on the forum know how it goes. I think our problem is that we cannot leave anything on the beach overnight. Even if we rent an umbrella, I think they bring it to us at the beginning of the week and pick it up when we're leaving. We have to drag it, chairs, towels, cooler... back to the condo each day. How is your rental handled?

If you haven't been to Myrtle previously, be aware of the time of day you arrive. When we went, we were a mile from the condo at midday and my daughter had to pee. I told her to wait, we would be there in 5 minutes; it was an hour. One of those guilty mom moments that has stuck with me.

Stacy, I'm sure it's going to be great for both of us! It's different that's for sure. And I always get prevacation anxiety.
    We are actually staying in Myrtle Friday night at Broadway at the Beach, then move to our rental house in Garden City on Saturday. And if you seen me post here, I'm not a huge fan of changing places but we have that part all figured out.
    This should be a relaxing trip. We considered a rental company that does set up and take down daily of umbrellas and chairs but the cost dodnt seem worth it and our friends made fun of us for being vacation snobs, all in fun of course. We are ocean front in a house so we will have to drag everything up to the steps to a little storage landing in the lower level of the deck every day. But at least we will be at the beach, and hopefully no one will have any shark encounters! Did I mention every time we go to Garden City it is after a Shark Week on tv, which Jon likes to have on every moment we are home!
    Don't get me wrong I am truly grateful that we are able to vacation at all, but especially in a nice house with good friends. I did a lot of the organizating and we paid extra for the master bedroom so I'm pretty happy about an oceanfront balcony for the week! Sunrise pictures should be awesome.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    OMG. I'm going on a non-Aruba beach vacation in September. Your post made me think, "What have I done?" I'm going to start having nightmares about beach umbrellas and chairs, and the ability to over pack; hubby beware. Although, we're planning on doing nothing but being beach bums all week and not even going out for more than 1 nice dinner, so that will eliminate the need for nicer clothes. Swimwear, shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops. Done.

We haven't gone on a week long non-Aruba vacation in many, many years. Let us on the forum know how it goes. I think our problem is that we cannot leave anything on the beach overnight. Even if we rent an umbrella, I think they bring it to us at the beginning of the week and pick it up when we're leaving. We have to drag it, chairs, towels, cooler... back to the condo each day. How is your rental handled?

If you haven't been to Myrtle previously, be aware of the time of day you arrive. When we went, we were a mile from the condo at midday and my daughter had to pee. I told her to wait, we would be there in 5 minutes; it was an hour. One of those guilty mom moments that has stuck with me.
    Stacy, Some of the rental places in Emerald Isle list that they will set up your umbrellas and chairs daily for an additional fee. If you'd rather haul it to the beach, trust me, it's not that big of a deal. We do it all of the time.

Tracey, I had a non-Aruba beach vacation in FL near St. Pete a few weeks ago. It is a PAIN having to drag the chairs and umbrella to the beach every day. We walked out the back of the condo complex and were on the beach. We saw the sunrise over the intercoastal in the morning, and the sunset on the beach in the evening. The good thing is you are oceanfront and you don't have to lug it a long distance. You can do it!
    Darlene

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Stacy, I'm sure it's going to be great for both of us! It's different that's for sure. And I always get prevacation anxiety.
    We are actually staying in Myrtle Friday night at Broadway at the Beach, then move to our rental house in Garden City on Saturday. And if you seen me post here, I'm not a huge fan of changing places but we have that part all figured out.
    This should be a relaxing trip. We considered a rental company that does set up and take down daily of umbrellas and chairs but the cost dodnt seem worth it and our friends made fun of us for being vacation snobs, all in fun of course. We are ocean front in a house so we will have to drag everything up to the steps to a little storage landing in the lower level of the deck every day. But at least we will be at the beach, and hopefully no one will have any shark encounters! Did I mention every time we go to Garden City it is after a Shark Week on tv, which Jon likes to have on every moment we are home!
    Don't get me wrong I am truly grateful that we are able to vacation at all, but especially in a nice house with good friends. I did a lot of the organizating and we paid extra for the master bedroom so I'm pretty happy about an oceanfront balcony for the week! Sunrise pictures should be awesome.
    Tracey, I'm sure that you will have a blast. Whenever we go to the beach here at home, I always feel like I'm moving. We take so much stuff with us, including 5 or 6 fishing rods, and all that goes along with that, 2 huge umbrellas, chairs, sheets and towels, a bunch of grocery items, usually a good kitchen knife, sometimes a griddle, boogie boards, kites, games..... the list goes on and on. I always complain when we are packing and loading it up, but it is so worth it. An oceanfront house will be great. You might enjoy it so much that you will want to make it an annual event.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast