Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Things I've learned while packing for a non-Aruba vacation.

I spent my childhood dragging beach equipment - umbrellas, BIG metal lounge chairs for my grandmother, bags of towels & blankets & tanning oils, sand toys - a whole block to the beach! I'm sure you'll be just fine at that ocean front property! Seriously, Relax & have a great time!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Understand about the straight shot... I just hate anything about I-95 from here to Maine and look for any other route, here South not too bad. Since this is the "off topic" section of the forum, you could pretend you're in Aruba and do a trip report for us. I'd love to hear about your time in Myrtle and I'm sure others would too. We have considered it for a long weekend, but have never followed through. In any event have a blast and Happy Birthday to Jon!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Understand about the straight shot... I just hate anything about I-95 from here to Maine and look for any other route, here South not too bad. Since this is the "off topic" section of the forum, you could pretend you're in Aruba and do a trip report for us. I'd love to hear about your time in Myrtle and I'm sure others would too. We have considered it for a long weekend, but have never followed through. In any event have a blast and Happy Birthday to Jon!!
    Here's a preview - woke up, fished on the shore, drank mimosas, set up at the beach, drank beer, ate lunch with a side of fruit soaked in vodka, took a nap, drank more, played some cornhole, grilled some food, do some shots, watch fireworks, and pass out...repeat daily...lol. That's pretty much the plan. We may go out to eat a few evenings or see some live music, but that's about it. We will be south of Myrtle for most of the trip where its a little more laid back. Our biggest excitement will be a fishing competition and a putt putt golf tournament...with big stakes, like $5 per person!
    I'm getting more excited!
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

See you're having fun already!

Aruba since 1979
    i can be there in about 7 or 8 hours
    i love fruit soaked in vodka

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i can be there in about 7 or 8 hours
    i love fruit soaked in vodka
    The more the merrier! We have been doing a new thing this summer. Instead of getting fruit and cutting it up, we've been buying bags of frozen fruit and making pitchers with various flavored vodkas and V8 Splash flavored juices. The frozen fruit keeps it cool. My favorite is Sky Blood Orange Infused vodka with v8 tropical blend. Its a great pool drink, very refreshing!
    Jon's new favorite is Strawberry infused vodka, fresh or frozen strawberries and white cran-strawberry juice. You cannot taste the liquor, Its dangerous and sneaks right up.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Since this is the "off topic" section of the forum, you could pretend you're in Aruba and do a trip report for us. I'd love to hear about your time in Myrtle and I'm sure others would too.
    At one time in this off-topic section I suggested a "non-Aruba destination trip report" thread. It's fun to see where everyone else goes. And maybe we would get different vacation ideas. So, yes Tracey, report report report. And, I'm trying some of your alcohol suggestions this summer!!!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hey Tracey - I must admit your post cracked me up! Sounds like a fun trip regardless and seeing your table partying last year at Pelican's Nest Pier I am sure you have fun wherever your travels bring you Don't forget the fireballs to go along with the fireworks (I think that is what your table had, if I recall ) lol.....Safe travels on the road I would take an airport over highway any day so watch out of the crazies! I think Jon's idea of leaving before the sun comes up is a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Hey Tracey - I must admit your post cracked me up! Sounds like a fun trip regardless and seeing your table partying last year at Pelican's Nest Pier I am sure you have fun wherever your travels bring you Don't forget the fireballs to go along with the fireworks (I think that is what your table had, if I recall ) lol.....Safe travels on the road I would take an airport over highway any day so watch out of the crazies! I think Jon's idea of leaving before the sun comes up is a great one!
    Oh yes, you definitely saw us at peak partying mode! And those were my parents and their friends, not even our usual group. And noooooo more fireballs...lol!!!! We were drinking those that day...oh man...lol. We joked that fireball would be banned from our beach house! But simething has to go in the shot ski! That's a water ski rigged up with shot glasses for group shots. Oh man I can't wait for a week of not having to be a functioning adult at work!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Oh man I can't wait for a week of not having to be a functioning adult at work!
    Jealous! Even on vaca I have these mini humans that expect to be taken care of....I have to always be a (semi-)functioning adult!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast