Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Things I've learned while packing for a non-Aruba vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    so glad that your vacation with the other couples at the beach house was a success.

you had to do this vacation.......it was to make you appreciate aruba and your alone time tracey and jon only!

i wish you'd plan aruba for early november!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so glad that your vacation with the other couples at the beach house was a success.

you had to do this vacation.......it was to make you appreciate aruba and your alone time tracey and jon only!

i wish you'd plan aruba for early november!
    For some reason flights are really high for us during the week we are interested in for early November. I will keep looking daily.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 07-09-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Two words: road pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This week we leave for our first week long trip that is not to Aruba in 3 years. We've done long weekends but this is it for the week long trip. Packing for a driveable beach vacation is pretty much a nightmare. Here are a few thoughts I've had this week:

The cost of renting a palapa could be $100 a day and I would prefer that over umbrella shopping for the perfect beach umbrella that I get to drag around and dig a hole for every day while we watch to make sure a wind gust doesn't blow it away. And chairs, I have to set up my own chairs, oh the horror.

I will never again take for granted the towels provided by the resort. They take up so much space and there's no exchange, unless you count changing them from the washer to the dryer.

There are no weight limits on my bags or fees for extras so I have nothing to stop me from packing up my entire summer wardrobe and half of my kitchen. Nor is there anything stopping my husband from packing half of the inventory of a Bass Pro Shops fishing section.

The thought of packing the car is almost as exciting the thought of driving the I-95 corridor on one of the busiest weekends of the year. Instead of duty free shopping and airport bars, we get gas stations and South of the Border.

I hope the sarcasm and joking tone came across in this. I'm really happy to be spending a week with some of our closest friends, but the logistics are stressing me out. So much to do, so much to remember. If only I was born into a wealthy family and could afford to just fly our group to my Happy Place! A girl can dream!

...The thought of packing the car is almost as exciting the thought of driving the I-95 corridor on one of the busiest weekends of the year. Instead of duty free shopping and airport bars, we get gas stations and South of the Border.
    I may or may not have thrown multiple quarters into a bartender's sombrero for shots of rail tequila at an I-75 South of the Border...once.

And I may or may not have begged God to take me the next morning.

Maybe.
    Last edited by act1966; 07-10-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Glad you had a great time.. like you dislike 95.. and that is one of the major highways here or I-4 which is worse
    Would like to get to there some day. But off season

Sounds like a much needed trip. It's nice to know exactly how you do & don't want to spend your hard earned off time & money!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I shared so much of this trip, I can't leave you guys without the best part. This video sums up the week. Our friend surprised us all with a shark costume while we were sitting on the beach. It was hilarious! Then we had a bubble machine for the only child on the trip but it was so windy the bubbles kept busting so someone decided it would be a good idea to bring it inside. I tried to make this public, let me know if it doesn't work.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11216992...20582745379296

I shared so much of this trip, I can't leave you guys without the best part. This video sums up the week. Our friend surprised us all with a shark costume while we were sitting on the beach. It was hilarious! Then we had a bubble machine for the only child on the trip but it was so windy the bubbles kept busting so someone decided it would be a good idea to bring it inside. I tried to make this public, let me know if it doesn't work.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11216992...20582745379296
    There's no shark like a twerking shark!!!!

Loved the video! A twerking shark, who knew!!! It may not have been Aruba but you guys definitely had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Loved the video! A twerking shark, who knew!!! It may not have been Aruba but you guys definitely had fun!
    We really did. I was talking last night about how much we laughed on the trip

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast