Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Unhappy Aruba!

Angry The Unhappy Aruba!

The Unhappy Aruba!-killcage.jpg

There is an unhappy side of Aruba! It is all about the brutal way in which they dispose of poor animals. Many of them are perfectly healthy!
    Please spread the word! This must stop!

Aruba since 1979
    the best thing that any of you can do for the animals is to DONATE, ADOPT and EDUCATE.

contact any of the Aruba animal organizations.

I feel Aruba has made big strides in trying to improve this situation. Many volunteers work with organization such as ARF Aruba to educate people and get the animals a forever home. Others who live in Aruba foster animals untill they can be adopted. The owner of the Bucuti has been instrumental in organizing spay clinics as previously stated the best you can do is Educate, ADOPT and Donate!

over the years I have seen the good that ARF is doing on the island. We used to take all of our food scraps on our road tours to feed any dog we came across..and there were sooooooo many. As of late I still see them but no where near the amount as when we started going to the island 21 years ago.
    I teased my Dh this past May telling him I was bringing home an Aruban pound puppy (even named her Bonita) and he just moaned...when we met him at the baggage claim and I didn't have a dog in my hand I actually think he was disappointed....so, Now that I have tested the waters, I think our November trip may actually end up with a new dog added to our family !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    here are 2 links for animal groups that are very helpful for aruba's animals
    http://www.arf-aruba.com

http://arubaanimalshelter.com

So thankful for the organizations that are making a difference for the animals of Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    over the years I have seen the good that ARF is doing on the island. We used to take all of our food scraps on our road tours to feed any dog we came across..and there were sooooooo many. As of late I still see them but no where near the amount as when we started going to the island 21 years ago.
    I teased my Dh this past May telling him I was bringing home an Aruban pound puppy (even named her Bonita) and he just moaned...when we met him at the baggage claim and I didn't have a dog in my hand I actually think he was disappointed....so, Now that I have tested the waters, I think our November trip may actually end up with a new dog added to our family !!!!
    Hopefully on your November trip you will return with a new member to your family. This is my Riley who I adopted from ARF this past December. I saw him on ARF's Facebook page and filled out the adoption forum on their website. ARF found someone returning from vacation that was nice enough to transport him to Newark where we picked him up. A

Lisa and Frank on travelling day from Aruba when he was 3 months old. to EWR - Dec. 11, 2016
    The Unhappy Aruba!-img_0816.jpg

Riley Today at 9 months

The Unhappy Aruba!-june-19-1.jpgThe Unhappy Aruba!-june-19-2.jpg

Riley Today

Aruba since 1979
    i am smiling as i look at riley!!
    my has he grown!! wow.
    he has kept you on your toes liz

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am smiling as i look at riley!!
    my has he grown!! wow.