Aruba Beach

Thread: USAir Ways

USAir Ways

Just wanted to get this off my chest.....Have been a loyal usair supporter even though they have just about left pittsburgh completely.
    Bought tickets in March. Chose the seats I wanted, the times I wanted and thought I was done.....During the course of the summer, especially with the gas prices sky-rocketing I kept checking my itinerary...the only changes (there were 3) were minutes...for example we were scheduled to leave at 545am and that changed to 540am....nothing special...
    Well, got home Wednesday evening and was checking emails...low and behold....a new change...my husband was put on an entirely different flight from me......nothing about my flight was changed!!!! So, I called and they told me that the flight times between pit to philly and then philly to aua was too close and was not allowed so they had to change it.. I said but why didn't they change me also ???? No answer, just bull-crap.
    Now as I looked at our papers I realized that I had booked my flight from a left over voucher they gave me because they cancelled one of my other flights, so I was still able to use it and just pay the extra money. Dh's flight was bought with my FF miles. So my guess is that they obviously didn't feel he was as important as a paying customer and just bumped him for someone else !!!!
    In the end, I ended up with him on a 4 hour later arrival flight....and had to fight like crazy to get decent seats..I demanded a supervisor and she had the nerve to tell me that I did not own the seats and therfore had no claim over the seats I wanted. I said I unerstood that, but since I bought them so far in advance I should not have to suffer middle seats and being seperated from Dh just because they changed my flights!!!
    Got the seats I asked for in the end, but am beginning to realize FF miles are not worth the trouble you have to go thru to use them !!!!BTW---I am done with USAir
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Sorry to hear you had to go through this. I soooo... wish there was a bridge to Aruba so we could just all drive there and not be held hostage by the airlines.

Lisa<< who is flying to Jersey next month and hopes, unlike last year, that Delta does not cancel her flight and THEN lose her luggage.

Well,
    We could drive the whole way to Venezuela and then get Bully to get us a little boat to bring us to Aruba !!!!! Wonder how long a drive like that would take ??? Certainly not enough vacation days to enjoy on the island for the drive down and back...!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Michele, I would have been just as crazy as you were...that is just not right!
    Yah, sometimes i wonder about those miles we all seem to adore...US air stinks!