Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vaccination cost

vaccination cost

For those who have gotten the hepatitis a and tetanus/diptheria shots before traveling, has your insurance covered these for adults? My policy does not cover them, and they run about $75 a piece at the hospital where I work. Or did you find that they were much cheaper somewhere else? Thanks.

My husband needed a boatload of shots before work related travel to Asia. I'm not sure if they were covered by our insurance or by his company, but I know we didn't pay for them.

One option, since you'll be self-pay, might be to check your local health dept, and if they don't administer them, they might have a list of local clinics who do. Hopefully that would be a cheaper route than having them done at the hospital.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

The price sounds about right, but you may want to shop around. Any physician with access to the vaccine can administer it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    For those who have gotten the hepatitis a and tetanus/diptheria shots before traveling, has your insurance covered these for adults? My policy does not cover them, and they run about $75 a piece at the hospital where I work. Or did you find that they were much cheaper somewhere else? Thanks.

Cheaper...come to Canada! They are all free!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

For those who have gotten the hepatitis a and tetanus/diptheria shots before traveling, has your insurance covered these for adults?
    Yes, my insurance always covers my Tetanus shots (I get one every 10 yrs) and have also had Hep A shots which were also covered.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Wow, I can't believe your insurance doesn't cover them, especially a tetanus shot! I guess I should be thankful for the great insurance I have thru the hospital I work at. Wow! I would definitely try the health department!

Thanks for the replies - I rechecked with my insurance, and they are covered. I was given incorrect information the first time I called. But please, no need to be rude or insulting.

Aruba since 1979
    wow was your insurance rude/insulting to you?

Thanks for the replies - I rechecked with my insurance, and they are covered. I was given incorrect information the first time I called. But please, no need to be rude or insulting.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>>> "hepatitis a and tetanus/diptheria shots"
    ---- My insurance covers those also. Can't understand why any insurance would not cover tetanus. You may go outside anywhere around your community and have a accident or cut yourself on something.
    Also working at a hospital I would think all hospital people would get those free from the hospital. I work a few days a month at a retirement community and hepatitis is offered free to anyone who wants it.

I need to laugh at myself after reading this.I'm renovating my livingroom and while pulling up the old tack strips for the carpeting,I accidentally leaned down on one nail with a closed fist(rusty of course)So off to the doc I go for a DPT shot and it had already started to get infected too.

FWIW: The doc told me there is a 36 hour window from time of injury to getting a DPT shot.Also this shot is good for only 5 years not 10 like many think.So I'm glad that I got it and now I'm good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast