Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vaccination cost

Quote Originally Posted by tangy003 View Post
    I need to laugh at myself after reading this.I'm renovating my livingroom and while pulling up the old tack strips for the carpeting,I accidentally leaned down on one nail with a closed fist(rusty of course)So off to the doc I go for a DPT shot and it had already started to get infected too.

FWIW: The doc told me there is a 36 hour window from time of injury to getting a DPT shot.Also this shot is good for only 5 years not 10 like many think.So I'm glad that I got it and now I'm good to go.
    Glad to hear all is okay!

FYI - Per the Mayo Clinic:

Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis
    • Who needs it. Get the combined tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap) vaccine if you're age 19 to 64 and had your last tetanus vaccine more than 10 years ago, you have a wound likely to become infected and your last tetanus vaccine was five or more years ago, you have close contact with infants, you just gave birth and haven't had a Tdap vaccine, or you might become pregnant. Get a tetanus-diphtheria (Td) booster if you're age 65 or older and had your last tetanus vaccine more than 10 years ago.
    • When to have it. Get one dose of Tdap if you never finished the tetanus-diphtheria (Td) series or don't know if you ever had the Td vaccine. Get a second dose four weeks after the first dose. Get a third dose six to 12 months after the second dose. If you're age 19 to 64 and due for a Td booster but haven't previously received Tdap, get one dose of the Tdap vaccine at any time. Get a Td booster every 10 years.
    • Who shouldn't have it. The Tdap vaccine isn't recommended if you had an allergic reaction to a previous dose of the Td or Tdap vaccine, you're pregnant, you experienced a coma or seizures within seven days of a previous pertussis vaccine, or you're currently ill. Consult your doctor if you have epilepsy or you've had Guillain-Barre syndrome.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Not free in Atlantic Canada and insurance doesn't cover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12