Aruba Beach

Thread: walmart worker trampled comments!

Aruba since 1979

walmart worker trampled comments!

tragic and disgusting
    andrea

Wal-Mart Worker Trampled to Death

By COLLEEN LONG
    AP
    posted: 1 HOUR 35 MINUTES AGO
    comments: 2955

PrintShare
    Text SizeAAA

NEW YORK (Nov. 28) - A Wal-Mart worker was killed Friday after an "out of control" throng of shoppers eager for post-Thanksgiving bargains broke down the doors at a suburban store and knocked him to the ground, police said.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-28-2008 at 06:37 PM.

So sad.....how could people be so inconsiderate that they could be so inconsiderate about someone's well being......
    with all the advancement in technology, medicine, (to name but a few) someone should invent a wake up and be considerate to each other pill !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I was so unbelieveably sad when I heard of this; that people would put so much importance on being the first to get an item than their fellow human being!
    Next Aruba trip in

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Jes, the real sad thing is a man died over some stupid sale...and it was totally avoidable.. I hate Walmart anyway and this just gives me one more reason not to patronize them.

Arrow

I understand the person killed was trying to "protect" a woman who was 8 months pregnant. What the heck was she doing out shopping?

Having worked retail for a good number of years I have to say :
    #1 Glad I am out of it.
    #2 People are pigs
    #3 As usual, it is all about the all mighty $$$

Having said that, I do think it is stupid that now our legislators want to make laws concerning shopping as well. If anything, ban the stores from opening in the middle of the night so the poor store employees can enjoy the holiday with their family.

There was nothing worse than being a manager and having to decide who was going to get "stuck" with the crappy shifts and God awful early openings. It was bad enough when I had to be at work at 4 a.m. to let in the cleaning staff. This is RETAIL folks, not a 24 hour hospital.

It was a tragedy, and yes what was an 8 months pregnant women out shopping, I personally would have stayed home and said sorry to gifts, or bought online.
    I also agree with Arubalisa, its crazy to open early because the true meaning of Christmas is to Thank GOD for sending is son Jesus on earth to save us.