Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Are Home! Mini Review

Dominica was again the the four of us on a private tour. I had loved Grenada two years ago for a beautiful lush tropical island, but boy, I think Dominica has it beat. You could spend a week or two here just hiking. We hiked (sore afterwards for sure) to two waterfalls (Mom stayed with the driver) and they were just gorgeous.

Thanks for the great trip report. I have to agree with you on Dominica, I'd love to stay on the island and see more.

Quote Originally Posted by monewcamp View Post
    Thanks for the great trip report. I have to agree with you on Dominica, I'd love to stay on the island and see more.
    Apparently the Dominicans in the past ten years have embraced eco-tourism and cleaned up their beautiful island. The result has been much much less poverty and a great economy.

Most of the roads have been improved. They are right now working on the last main road. The island receives tons of rain, seemingly waterfalls alongside the road wherever you look and their drainage system is better than I have seen on any of the islands.

My Mom had been there 10 years ago right before a devastating hurricane and was AMAZED at the turn around on the island.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12