Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: We just love Aruba --other options though?

We go through the same thing every year. My boyfriend has been to most of the island in the Carribean and likes Aruba the best. He said others have good qualities, but Aruba has them all. He likes the safety of it also as he has been to other places that you cannot leav the resort. He keeps saying he wants to take me to other islands, but I say the same thing as you - I know I love it, know how to get around and what to expect. So back to Aruba we go! Trip #6 is the planning stages now....

I've also enjoyed Bermuda. A little expensive, but quiet and laid back, which is what I generally like. I don't like the lack of cars. Scooters are silly and dangerous (IMHO) and the taxi system is good but you're always lingering, waiting for one. Still, Bermuda has plenty to offer.

I also enjoy Key West now and then. Walk most everywhere so a car is not really needed. Lots of good food, too.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)

Then there are hurricanes to worry about at that time of year. Aruba is out of the hurricane zone.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Well looks like our mini vacay is cancelled...we bought a boat and will spending our time on a local lake. As much as I love the Caribbean, I think we will gets more enjoyment out of the boat. We will get our fix in Aruba in December.

Any Aruba beach...
    You will have many more weeks use of a boat than the vacation. Good luck with her and enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12