Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weekend plans?

Aruba since 1979

weekend plans?

we have NO weekend plans here
    i am psyched that it is a weekend of being a slug

anyone out there in cyberland have anything good/bad planned for this weekend

i have MLK day off on monday, paul does not.

getting a new thumb splint on monday as the wrist/hand cast is not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    getting a new thumb splint on monday as the wrist/hand cast is not doing what it is supposed to be doing.
    I sincerely hope you are not overdoing it. Get better soon.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Andrea, take it slow with that hand. SIt, enjoy yourself and have a nice long weekend.
    You're doing ok typing, are you working ?? I'm sewing all weekend making samples to teach with at work. Thats my kinda fun....Husband is getting papers together for tax prep...UGH....Hopefully we'll get some $$$ to take to aruba ! Game Sunday in this house. Kids babysitting all weekend, boy, do they make a ton of $$$.

Yesterday I boned a 14 pound turkey. Took me only 45 minutes this time. I'm getting quicker at it. (Took chef about 10 minutes when he showed us. Would have been 5 if he hadn't been talking.)

Today I stuff the legs and make dinner for us and some friends.

Tommorow I rest

(Andrea, I'm sending your appendage some good vibes.)

making sausage and peppers to bring to and Italian-themed dining party. Otherwise staying inside it is -3 in Chicago right now

Quote Originally Posted by donsullivan View Post
    making sausage and peppers to bring to and Italian-themed dining party. Otherwise staying inside it is -3 in Chicago right now

Brrrr cold in Chi town.

Making homemade beef stew in the crock pot & curling up with a good book while the little one takes a nap. It's actually "warm" in CT today 33 degrees right now.......WOOHOO
    Michelle & Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    Making homemade beef stew in the crock pot & curling up with a good book while the little one takes a nap. It's actually "warm" in CT today 33 degrees right now.......WOOHOO
    See my post http://www.aruba.com/forum/f32/recipes-29208/#post102878. Am always looking to improve.

Dh prefers corn bread with his stew, dd prefers biscuits...anyone have their preferences or recipes ?

I'm terrible at beef stew (bad for a part Irish lass). And anything I make with meat in a crock pot seems to taste "washed".

I do great with stuff that nobody much does - like confit of duck leg, and calves brains au buerre noir.

Hubby makes a mean lasagne! (And we like bread with our beef stew)

Just went into the kitchen to see what all the noise was...dh is fighting off the boredom of a snowy Saturday...

Tonight's dinner dh's own yummy nachos.
    For the nachos, made from "scratch" chili.

Making tomato sauce for stuffed Manicotti later in the week. I will volunteer to stuff them since he hates doing them and he will say "no" anyway.
    Browning beef for enchiladas later in the week.
    Dough going in the bread machine for homemade pizza.
    He already made from "scratch" guacamole (yummy).
    Next up he said when he has room on the stove, is Onion soup. Don't know, don't care, if it is French or Dutch variety, either way delicious.

All of this and would you believe he bought packaged gravy to go with tomorrow's fresh ham? I love him anyway!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast