Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weekend plans?

I would believe about the packaged gravy. We're having the boned turkey, bakers, a spinach and artichoke casserole ,,,, and McCormicks brown gravy fro the mix!

(Did you hear that thump? That was my mother rolling over in her grave.)

Here are the pics from my first boned turkey --

http://www.septemberhouse.net/wordpress/archives/201

The turkey looked absolutely gorgeous! Will definitely share that with dh after he gets off the phone with fighting with AT&T! He cannot get a straight answer about a phone with WIFI or data connection.

What kind of problems you having with your PC? I love our laptop anyway ...but still not the point if you have a PC.

My PC keeps rebooting itself after it warms up. We suspect a fan has committed suicide.

I'm happy with the laptop but it has MSIE and I prefer FireFox, which doesn't seem to work well on the laptop.

Hubby has been on the phone with 6 different Verizon people trying to get ONE question (when will we get our free TV) answered. He's about ready to tell them to pull everything out of the house. (We have FIOS for the phone and computer and Verizon is our TV provider as well)

We're going out to the movies in a bit and then out to dinner after at Emerald Fish. Supposed to snow tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    My PC keeps rebooting itself after it warms up. We suspect a fan has committed suicide.

I'm happy with the laptop but it has MSIE and I prefer FireFox, which doesn't seem to work well on the laptop.

Hubby has been on the phone with 6 different Verizon people trying to get ONE question (when will we get our free TV) answered. He's about ready to tell them to pull everything out of the house. (We have FIOS for the phone and computer and Verizon is our TV provider as well)

We're going out to the movies in a bit and then out to dinner after at Emerald Fish. Supposed to snow tomorrow.
    Can you hear the fan running at all? If you like Firefox but not on the laptop, have you tried IE 7. We have it on one of our laptops and seems similar to FF. Me? I am a MS gal! Stuck in my ways I suppose. Would never have survived those radical 60's.

We dumped Comcast after a cable outage (they were our internet too) and they told us it would be fixed "when they got around to it." Not quite what my boss at the time wanted to hear since I worked from home.

LOVE Directv. Dh did battle over the weekend with AT&T over a new cell plan, but finally, "we think" got that straightened out.

Lucky you the Emerald Fish! What we wouldn't do for reasonably priced fresh seafood here. We splurge once in awhile with "fresh frozen" from Publix.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Can you hear the fan running at all? If you like Firefox but not on the laptop, have you tried IE 7. We have it on one of our laptops and seems similar to FF. Me? I am a MS gal! Stuck in my ways I suppose. Would never have survived those radical 60's.

There are two fans so we have to get it "out from down under there" and take off the case.

I have IE7. It doesn't have half the add ons that FireFox has. Damn shockwave ads can't be squelched, can't put dictionary and IMDB in the drop down search thingy, there is no "open all in tabs" in the folders so you have to open them one at a time. The whole IE tab thing is way behind Firefox. The IE spell is useless. I HATE microsoft. Always have. Plus, we should all be paid a wage as Microsoft Beta Testers - because that's what we are!

Mame steps off her soapbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12