Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Weight Watcher Recipes

  1. #11
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    I finally broke down and faced the metal monster. I'm happy to report I'm down 5 lbs.

    I have some recipes I want to post. However, I don't have the PP values, only the old points values. I can't use WW's recipe builder as I'm not a member. Once I find a similar program and am able to get the new PP values, I'll post the recipes.
    Ifyou post it with the old points, or dietary info we can convert it for you.
    Post away...

  2. #12
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    terry...those look so so so good ! I laughed as they were actua lifel size and I wish I could have just grabbed them...yum thanks for posting, thats a good one to have

  3. #13
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    turkey kielbasa in crockpot
    w/ 5 T of dijon mustard and 2 T of splenda brown sugar

    1.2 pts per oz

    so if paul and i split the 13 oz kielbasa it is 9.75 points each approx then add in the free veggies

  4. #14
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    ok we had this and it was OUTSTANDING.
    had some asparagus and carrots and mushrooms (all roasted)

    i really want a ring ding though.
    and a big fat brighams ice cream sundae with jimmies

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    turkey kielbasa in crockpot
    w/ 5 T of dijon mustard and 2 T of splenda brown sugar

    1.2 pts per oz

    so if paul and i split the 13 oz kielbasa it is 9.75 points each approx then add in the free veggies

  5. #15
    Senior Member purpleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    61
    Posts
    772
    Fluffy Orange Fruit Dip

    4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel) softened
    1 6oz. container Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free orange creme or French vanilla yogurt (I prefer the orange creme yogurt as it adds more flavor and color)
    2 tbsp. powdered sugar
    1 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
    1/4 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 c. frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed

    In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.

    Add yogurt, powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla. Beat 30 to 60 second on low speed until blended and smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping until well blended. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 24 hours.

    Serve with fresh fruit or angel food cake cubes.

    Makes 12 servings (2 tbsps. per serving)

    Calories 50 (calories from fat 20)
    Total fat 2-1/2g (saturated fat 1-1/2g, trans fat 0g)
    Cholesterol 10 mg
    Sodium 45 mg
    Total carbohydrate 6g (dietary fiber 0g, sugars 5g)
    Protein 1g
    Darlene

  6. #16
    Senior Member purpleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    61
    Posts
    772
    Spicy Chinese Chicken Tacos

    1 box taco shells (12 shells)
    3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb.), cut into thin, bite-size strips
    1 tsp. grated gingerroot
    1 small clove of garlic, minced
    2 tbsps. soy sauce
    1 tsp. honey
    1 large green onion, sliced
    1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    1-1/2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce

    If desired, heat taco shells as directed on box.

    Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, gingerroot, and garlic. Cook 3 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.

    Stir in soy sauce, honey, onion, and pepper flakes to coat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.

    To serve, place scant 1/4 c. chicken mixture in each taco shell. Top each with lettuce.

    NOTES: I doubled amounts for gingerroot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. I marinated for a few hours before cooking.

    Makes 6 servings (2 tacos each)

    Calories 180 (calories from fat 60)
    Total fat 7g (saturated fat 1g, trans fat 1-1/2g)
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Sodium 260 mg
    Total carbohydrate 18g (dietary fiber 2g, sugars 4g)
    Protein 14g
    Darlene

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    5 points plus values per serving!

    i am making these tonight for dinner.....'except we have no taco shells, so will crush some nacho chips into the chicken mixture and serve on top of a tossed salad.

    dressing is a fat free Maple Grove Vinaigrette at 0 points



    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    Spicy Chinese Chicken Tacos

    1 box taco shells (12 shells)
    3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb.), cut into thin, bite-size strips
    1 tsp. grated gingerroot
    1 small clove of garlic, minced
    2 tbsps. soy sauce
    1 tsp. honey
    1 large green onion, sliced
    1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    1-1/2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce

    If desired, heat taco shells as directed on box.

    Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, gingerroot, and garlic. Cook 3 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.

    Stir in soy sauce, honey, onion, and pepper flakes to coat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.

    To serve, place scant 1/4 c. chicken mixture in each taco shell. Top each with lettuce.

    NOTES: I doubled amounts for gingerroot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. I marinated for a few hours before cooking.

    Makes 6 servings (2 tacos each)

    Calories 180 (calories from fat 60)
    Total fat 7g (saturated fat 1g, trans fat 1-1/2g)
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Sodium 260 mg
    Total carbohydrate 18g (dietary fiber 2g, sugars 4g)
    Protein 14g

  8. #18
    Senior Member Terry Joz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Catalina Beach (snorkling) Lighthouse Beach (Marriott) casino's Mirandi's, Moomba's,Wacky Wahoo,Barefoot, Suise Chalet Marriott Ocean Club pool bar DePalm Island
    Posts
    621
    Turkey Burgers with Zucchini

    1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
    1 small zucchini, grated
    1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
    1 clove garlic, grated
    1 tbsp red onion, grated
    salt & fresh pepper to taste
    oil spray

    In large bowl combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic onion, salt & Pepper. Make 5 equal patties.
    Heat large skillet on high heat. When hot lightly spray oil. Add burgers to pan and reduce heat to low. Cook on one side until browned then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning .
    If grilling, clean gril well before and spray with oil to prevent sticking.

    Servings: 5 - size 1 burger no bun - Old points 3pts (bun extra) - Points + 4 pts.
    Calories 156 - Fat 6.8 g - Protein 18.6 - Carbs 5.5 - Fiber 1.3

    Recipe found on skinnytaste.com
    most of their recipes gives the weightwatcher points.

    ENJOY I thought they were delicious!! You can also add ww cheese on it.

    Terry

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2

    weight Watchers recipes

    Hi all. I've just come across this great communication site. I am from the UK & unfamiliar with some of the terms used but love the sound of the recipes.

    Please could you tell me what Kalabasa is?

  10. #20
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,908
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

    kielbasa .....here is the definition from wikipedia
    Kiełbasa, kołbasa, klobasa, kobasa, kovbasa, kobasi, and kubasa are common North American[1] anglicizations for a type of Eastern European sausage. Synonyms include Polish sausage, Ukrainian sausage, etc. In English, these words refer to a particular genre of sausage, common to all Eastern European countries but with substantial regional variations. In the Slavic languages, these are the generic words for all types of sausage, local or foreign.


    Quote Originally Posted by aruba0 View Post
    Hi all. I've just come across this great communication site. I am from the UK & unfamiliar with some of the terms used but love the sound of the recipes.

    Please could you tell me what Kalabasa is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO