Aruba Beach
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Weight Watchers/dieting/chit chat

Actually you get 49 extra use it or lose it points for the week.
    My problem is I drink a lot of my points. Coffee and soda.

A can of soda is a lot of points. and a coffee since I cant drink it black is 2. for each one.. (ok so now I use splenda and down to 3 cups instead of 5. and only one can of soda a day instead of many 20 oz bottles.

so you see, I am trying--lol

We do have a good leader. Inthe begining I was doing those smart ones for lunch every day-- thought it was a good idea. She told me its not and they should be done in an emeregency situations only. They are full of carbs, sodium and the portion size is jsut too small for the points you get.
    I was better off having a sandwich on WW bread with chicken or turkey breast. Lettuce, tomatoes and everything else under the sun for the same 6 points. Eat a salad and drink water for under 10 points total.

She also got us eating as soon as we get up within that first half hour. Even if its only to stuff a banana in. (zero points)

I like to eat- what can I say. I got my breakfast at 6 points, lunch at 10 and dinner at 10 with fruit or veggies for snacks.
    I know regular progresso soup is 4 points for the entire can.

Star kist has a tuna sala already mixes in a pouch called sandwhich ready the entire pouch is 2 points.

Aruba since 1979
    ya i checked my book and 49 extra use it or lose it per week.
    our group leader had told us to cut that amount by half and only use those.

i also "try" not to use my activity points unless i really have to.

reason being.............if you give me an inch , i'll take a mile.

so i have my 29 points a day and then use an extra 2 or 3 when the situation calls for it.

fruit is my killer.
    too much sugar.
    here in the south, the watermelons are plentiful and inexpensive and delicious.

yup, tomorrow is another day and tomorrow is today here ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    fruit is my killer.
    too much sugar.
    here in the south, the watermelons are plentiful and inexpensive and delicious.
    How about a sugar free version of watermelon flavored hard candies???

there is no such thing as zero point candies.

I think after Aruba I will give up some of my fruit. Although tasty and free points that banana still must have at least 100 calories.

In our past visits to Aruba-- we have always visited Texas De Brazil with a 50% off coupon they send me for my birthday.

Guess where we will NOT being going this year

--
    do you like ice cream sandwiches..?

a grahman cracker and Fat Free whip cream-- freeze it and yummy with a double wow--- 2 points. and yes it does taste like an ice cream sandwich.

have you tried the cauliflower mashed potatoes-- again yummy

I always make mashed cauliflower, I love it. Granted nothing will ever take the place of my beloved mashed potatoes but it's a good fit for when I'm dieting!

Aruba since 1979
    duh
    that's my problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weight Watchers/dieting/chit chat-423574_381103075289664_521389417_n.jpg  

LOL Andrea-- LOL

im at work and people are looking at me funny---

I would like to talk to you about your meetings.

I have been back and forth to weight watchers many times. I probably lost and gained over 100 pounds in the course of 20 some years.
    It always seemed the same and never really helped.

This week we had a substitute lady-- and Joe said if the meetings were always like that he woulda given up after a month.

She talked about her and how she got heavy and how she took the weight off and how she became a group leader. blah blh blah.

i wanted to leave after 15 minutes

Our "real" lady makes the meeting all about us. She opens her meeting by asking who lost weight this week. and they go around the room and people who lost will state how much they lost and how their week was.
    Listening to other people with their struggles and what they foind works and dont work is really a great helper. A fabulous incentive if you will.

You know that little paper booklet you get each week-- she was reading it to us. Please I can read that in my spare time.

So please-- tell me about YOUR meetings-- what does the person do?

Aruba since 1979
    your substitute sounds like our regular lady.
    she reads to us.
    it is boring and a waste of time,
    so i mostly follow online.

th
    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I would like to talk to you about your meetings.

I have been back and forth to weight watchers many times. I probably lost and gained over 100 pounds in the course of 20 some years.
    It always seemed the same and never really helped.

This week we had a substitute lady-- and Joe said if the meetings were always like that he woulda given up after a month.

She talked about her and how she got heavy and how she took the weight off and how she became a group leader. blah blh blah.

i wanted to leave after 15 minutes

Our "real" lady makes the meeting all about us. She opens her meeting by asking who lost weight this week. and they go around the room and people who lost will state how much they lost and how their week was.
    Listening to other people with their struggles and what they foind works and dont work is really a great helper. A fabulous incentive if you will.

You know that little paper booklet you get each week-- she was reading it to us. Please I can read that in my spare time.

So please-- tell me about YOUR meetings-- what does the person do?

My office used to have a lunchtime group and the leader came to us, she was amazing, but we are in a military area and her family got transferred and our office group faded away. Her favorite slogan. Was "if you sort of do WW, it only sort of works". Its so true. I am not good in groups of strangers (in person anyway) and online WW gives me no one to be accountable to. I have been mixing WW principles, with calorie counting and limited sugar, and phasing in exercise and its going slow but steady. I am only in my second week of this self made plan so we'll see as time goes on if it sort of works.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast