Aruba Beach
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Weight Watchers/dieting/chit chat

I too have become a victim of weight gain. According to our government I am about 10lbs over weight. I have been fighting back with trying to make healthy choices, taking walks, and sometimes I even make a special guest appearance at my local gym. It is hard to shake that last few pounds. I have started to turn down all of the free cakes and free unhealthy lunches that my job offers. I started eating just some fruit for breakfast, a light healthy lunch then a nice home cooking dinner. On the weekends I permit myself to eat whatever I want. Yes it not the best choice, but it kind of works.

When in Aruba, I eat whatever I want, lol. I read some of your stories above. Please don’t feel down on yourself, be happy with who you are. You are not alone and remember, no one is perfect, even those are society consider to be in perfect shape have issues themselves. They too don’t feel they are perfect. I just try to fight back at times, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I always get up and fight back.

Remember ladies, “only a dog wants a bone.” So eat, drink, and be happy!

"Remember ladies, “only a dog wants a bone.” So eat, drink, and be happy!"

Love this - my new motto!!

Wow! Lots of inspiration here.

Most recently, I had lost almost 70 pounds. I gained back 40. Restarted WW about 8 weeks ago. Weigh-in is Saturday morning. So far, down 12.6.

I refuse to restart WW ever again. This is it. I have to lose the weight and keep it off, which is the hardest part.

The good thing is it's a lifestyle, not a diet.

Good luck to everyone!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Down 52lb and counting. Cruising in 4 weeks which could be a huge problem. Ugh. Andrea keep at it... each day is a new day and clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Down 52lb and counting. Cruising in 4 weeks which could be a huge problem. Ugh. Andrea keep at it... each day is a new day and clean slate.
    WOW that's awesome. Great inspiration for us who are battling. Enjoy the cruise - you know what to do to take it off when you get back!!

My own personal experience

walking 2+ miles + watching what I eat = weight loss

walking 2+ miles + eating whatever I want within reason = staying the same

walking 2+ miles + going overboard = weight gain + wake up call to get back on the wagon!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    could not have said it better Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i had lost 22
    then i gained back 8
    then i gained back 4
    so now i am only down 10
    i just filled out the online weight watcher form to begin again :-(
    i am very disappointed in myself.
    Don't be disappointed in yourself, you are always such a positive person on this board. It's a battle and you are still on the winning side of it!

My office lunchtime group starts up again this week for a 12 week Weight Watchers program and it couldn't have come at a better time. I was pretty successful last time, mostly because I am competitive and there were prizes I've been off the wagon lately; football snacks are my downfall. Pinterest is killing me - there are so many tempting recipes! But there are also lots of healthy ones.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516