Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What' s for dinner ??

What' s for dinner ??

Just thought it might be nice to get ideas for dinner and thought of doing this.... hope nobody minds.
    Share some ideas, recipes and etc.

Okay I will start.
    Home made beef stew cooking a very low on top on stove.
    I like to use V-8 in mine to start the base.... makes it so yummy and full of vitamins.
    Cathi

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Making home made pizza tonight. Already made the dough (thanks to bread maker) but it is kind of home made right? I have the best pizza dough receipe Wolfgang Puck's (has honey in it). Then I roll out one dough for me and one for hubby we each put our favorite topping on it. Hubby has the works, I have just onion, mushrooms, pineapple cheese & sauce. Can't wait!

Barefoot!!!

Aruba since 1979
    dinner, cool topic!

paul and i are trying our best with a "green smoothie" diet for breakfast and lunch and
    dinners are our real meal.
    tonight was splitting a baked sweet potato, chicken breast on the grill and asparagus.
    now thinking of something very bad......ice cream

my mom always used v8 to start beef stew and pot roast too.
    yum

My go-to easy dinner tonight, chicken breasts with salsa and black beans; it's a one dish meal, I just throw in some spices and stick it all in the oven and ta-da!
    For dessert we had left over strawberry cream cheese cobbler that I made for Valentines Day.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-16-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added dessert
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    tracey...........tell me more about the chicken with black beans and salsa!!

and i was hell bent on having ice cream for dessert, but ended up with a greek yogurt smoothie with honey, peaches and half a banana.
    it was only ok but i really wanted blue belle cherry vanilla ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    tracey...........tell me more about the chicken with black beans and salsa!!

and i was hell bent on having ice cream for dessert, but ended up with a greek yogurt smoothie with honey, peaches and half a banana.
    it was only ok but i really wanted blue belle cherry vanilla ice cream
    Its really the easiest thing i make. In a dish I put 2-4 bonelss skinless chicken breasts, depending on of we want leftovers for lunch. I sprinkle them with salt and garlic pepper. I cover the chicken with a layer of medium salsa out of a jar, we like chunky salsa. Then I drain and rinse can of black beans and dump it on top and spread them out. I sprinkle on some cumin, not much. Sometimes I throw in some other spices of they are close by and I think they sound good at the moment. Cover with foil and bake foR 45-55 minutes depending on the soze of the breasts. The salsa keeps the Chicken moist. Sometimes we sprinkle shredded cheese on at the end but not always.
    My grandma used to make this when she didnt feel like cooking. I learned from the,best.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    sounds easy and delicious

thanks!

Dinner was pizza from Costco. It was a LONG day! Tonight pot roast for the boys, chicken breast with onions & peppers for me
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Last night DD made a terrific beef stew served over rice. Since we got a few inches of snow and then ice here in Virginia Beach yesterday, our town is shut down for a day or two. We made a store run over the weekend for supplies. Tonight will probably be chili.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast