Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What' s for dinner ??

Aruba since 1979
    boston market is terrific.
    i love their rotisserie chicken and creamed spinach.

my vote for you is boston mkt.

and tracey and jon.......enjoy aruba....every moment.
    safe and fun travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am creeping in to vacation mode, can't decide what to cook for dinner. It will either be Boston Market or soup and grilled cheese. We eat out too much!

Just a twist on the chicken with salsa. I've often made pulled pork sandwiches in the crock pot using similar recipe. Just a pork roast, jar of salsa, drained black beans, corn, salt/pepper. Once it cooks all day it can be pulled apart for sandwiches.

Today will be oriental chicken/rice; cook some rice; fry a few pieces of bacon and stir fry rice in the bacon grease (I know, not the healthiest way to stir fry) and a little soy sauce. I cook small pieces of chicken (marinated with soy and ginger) in a separate pan in a little oil. Once done, I throw the chicken in the rice with some cooked veges and the crumbled bacon.

Tracey, I'd rather eat out or order something to bring home. We work til 5 and DS has after school activities. I'm not an early morning person to get up and start something in the crock pot every day, and there isn't always someone home early enough to put something in the oven at a decent time. I don't like to eat late. We do have a nice family restaurant nearby which has a different "home cooked" special every night. 2 of their dinners feeds the 3 of us for less than the cost of me making it; AND it tastes much better than if I had made it.

COOKING AND BAKING ARE OVERRATED I SAY! I'm too impatient to cook and bake. Nothing I make ever comes out like the picture, nor tastes as good as I think it should. The only things I am successful making are Hungarian recipes, also taught to me by my grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am creeping in to vacation mode, can't decide what to cook for dinner. It will either be Boston Market or soup and grilled cheese. We eat out too much!
    Tracey, you and Jon should consider eating out as pre-trip training for Aruba. I train with alcohol before we go, I don't want to shock my liver when we get there . I hope you guys have a great trip, can't wait to read your report and see pictures!!

Grill ham & cheese with tomato soup for the hubby & kids...
    Me I had a little soup... and plain toast. (feeling better... but need to go to work tomorrow; working my 17 hours shift and they are still sick)
    Just hope I don't get it again...
    Cathi

Booth or table... lol
    Going out to a local mom & pop place. Still have those little counter stools and car service.

Aruba since 1979
    tonight........
    salad and leftover slice of pizza each

Baking a whole ham with pineapples (ham off the bone style), homemade mac n cheese, corn on the corn, baked beans (yes Boston style too)and homemade honey vanilla corn muffins. Oh... forgot my collard greens for me.. (nobody else likes them)
    To think born and raise as a Boston gal...and turned into a southern gal.. lol
    For dessert hot apple pie and ice cream (actually have hoodies here... anyone remembers those little cups???)

Late lunch out with an ocean view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What' s for dinner ??-image.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    lamejun and tossed salad

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Late lunch out with an ocean view
    Me too.. ate at the Breakers Restaurant . Had blacken mahi mahi. On the beach (but not on the sand. lol)
    Didn't finish it... but no surprise. Will pack it for work tomorrow night with the left over caribbean rice.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast