Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: What' s for dinner ??

I had to google lamejune! Thought you made a typo but it really sounds good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Doing home made beef stew with rolls and cup cakes for dessert

Want to try out my new electric pressure cooker (had to have it for Christmas)
    Never used one before. Has anyone used them.
    Would like to try making pull pork (takes 12 hours in the crock pot) and with the pressure cooker only
    90 minutes...
    Would love some tips..
    If you like the vinegar based pulled pork, this is a great recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-carolina-bbq/
    I make it a couple times a year and always freeze some for quick meals later. I know nothing about pressure cooking.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    If you like the vinegar based pulled pork, this is a great recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-carolina-bbq/
    I make it a couple times a year and always freeze some for quick meals later. I know nothing about pressure cooking.

Thank you... going to try this in a electric pressure cooker. (really want to try pressure cooking if my time can be
    cut.. lol)
    Supposed to cook in 1/3 of the time.
    Always done it in the slow cooker over night.

Roast beef, twice baked potato's, glazed carrots and of course rolls.. ( I don't eat the rolls and rarely desserts)
    Even made a homemade tres lenches cake with homemade whip cream...
    Don't know what the kids are going to eat when we are gone.... they do know how to cook kraft mac/cheese, roman noodles and simple stuff.

Last night was a casserole (sort of like lasagna), but since no one in my house likes ricotta, it is made with sour cream, cream cheese and the mozzarella mixed together and replaces the ricotta.

Tonight, DH and DS are on their own, which means Five Guys. I have a dreaded dental cleaning. I absolutely hate going to the dentist for anything, even cleanings. And my dentist is my friend. I had bad experiences when I was young.

Brady bear, my grandmother used a pressure cook all the time while I was growing up, and I did as well until my gasket broke. I need to get a new one. Everything she made came out tender, flavorful and was done quickly. The only problem with a pressure cooker is getting use to it. You always want to peek, but once you cool it down to check it, it takes too long to get it back up to cooking pressure again.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Will be making zucchini pasta as a side dish today....had it last week as pasta with sautéed mushrooms, orange bell pepper, and yellow squash,tomato, chicken and garlic in alittle olive oil. Nice meal even my husband liked it ....LOL he's a meat lover. Diane

Ham steaks with pineapple, some steamfresh mixed veggies that steam in the bag in the microwave, and Naan bread. Easy night for us.

AUA1989.... I dislike the dentist as well. Had one that torture me when I was a kid.. really really torture me.
    My dentist is my friend also; even has massage heating chairs. Had an appointment right after working all night Monday.
    Took two ultrams (mild pain med) ... put oral gel on the area (myself) before I even got there all just for a tiny filling.
    Same for cleanings too. lol

Going to try the new electric pressure cooker tomorrow. Will use the recipe Tracy pull pork recipe tomorrow.
    Last edited by brady bear; 03-25-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    elec pressure cooker story..............my neighbor bought one on qvc. she hated it and gave it to me. i tried it and hated it and gave it to a friend, she hated it and it is now back at th original friend's house
    i followed the instructions for mac and cheese and it came out like thick paste. yuk.

our dinner tonight
    mimosas, fruit salad, salad and chicken.
    dear hubby went overboard cooking and prepping as i was too busy!

You had me at mimosas

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast