Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What we do or did for a living

Aruba since 1979

What we do or did for a living

i'll start.....
    i was an aquatics director at a non profit youth recreation facility.
    swim coach, red cross water safety and cpr and first aid instructor, swim coach lifeguard, SCUBA instructor and pool operator.

began part time in high school 1971 and then work study thru college and then full time.

got my 35 yrs in and retired in june of 2008
    retirement............what was i thinking?

dear husband
    was the "plant planner" for a missile building/defense company.
    started there after college and worked his way from draftsman to purchasing to production planning.
    he reitired in july 2008 after 37 yrs.............he is enjoying retirement.

he retired from a "product"
    i retired from a "program with people"
    he is delirious
    i am miserable.

i personally know a lot of you and i am excited to hear you tell your story.
    who's next?

Smile

My dh is a retired firefighter, but keeps plenty busy with golf and poker games with the guys.

In his defense, most of the time he has a part time job.

I am a registered nurse and work in the home health field. I love my job, the patients are great, but hate the paperwork.

Debbie

In high school, I worked at a radio station on weekend mornings/afternoons and was a church organist for Catholic services on Saturday evenings/sunday mornings as well as a few other denominations in between (typically six services a weekend).

After college, went to work on the Philadelphia waterfront, sinking ships, concrete pipe, and other things to build artificial reefs.

Now, write books, help out on some tugboats with my pal once in a while for the story material as opposed to the cash. Fly small airplanes for the same reason.

I miss the piano/keyboard instruments but due to my travel schedule I can't consistently dedicate the amount of time required to play at the level I enjoy. However, if I'm ever grounded with ten functioning digits, I'll be back to it.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    cool!!
    i hope more of you post.
    andrea

I've been a waitress in the village I grew up in fro the past 36 years. I just love people. My husband is in contruction building lots of colleges. No retirement for a few years, but would love to spend alot more time in Aruba, we have purchased a timeshare at the Marriott and can't wait to use it in March.

I run a telephone company - we sell, install, maintain telephone systems for business. Love the technology and (usually) enjoy dealing w/ employees & clients all day

DH is a customer service manager w/ a cell phone company - we area a totally telecom family Even our extended family work with landline & other cell companies!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Ditto on tnbelle...Dh is a firefighter too Battalion Chief FDNY, although not retired yet and
    I am an RN, have been working in the same doctors office for 22 years. Love my job!

I'm a Police Officer in Bergen County, NJ. 13 years now!
    Decided to take down my timer!

http://www.orrin.org/personal/

The brief history is on the link. I'm presently the webmaster for
    five websites.

Orrin (Sam) is a retired Electrical Engineer who has also been a teacher and lecturer in Physics, Optics, and Photography.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-19-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: thought i would add the stuff andrea
    Orrin

I have been in the Travel Industry for 23 years and love it. I have traveled lots, but my favorite place is still Aruba.
    My husband at the moment is a stay home dad, with 2 jobs. 1. He lives for sports epsecially Football, coaches high school, and hopes to try and make it into the NFL. 2. He loves graphic and design, from scratch or on video, he does videos for weddings and all kinds of events, and designs business cards, websites, and so forth.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast