Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What we do or did for a living

Radhal
    Very cool locations, my son lived in London and graduated college there, he married a Bulgarian woman, his best man was from South Africa, and my youngest goes to college in Bosten. After you visit Aruba you will find it is the best place of all

We have new members ...

This has really been a fun thread to read so I'll share. I manage a very large Editorial/Production department for a Boston area nonprofit that develops and publishes fire safety codes. I've been with the company for close to 30 years. The deadlines are really stressful at times but everyone thinks that I'm the calm one. They just don't know it's making me crazy inside. That said, it's a wonderful organization with an important mission, but I still can't wait to retire, just 18 more months. DH is retiring from the City in March, after 42 years, and just a few weeks later we'll be in Aruba celebrating.

Aruba since 1979
    ahhhh working for a nonprofit. good for you!!
    so he will retire in march.........that is less than a month away.
    how will you be able to stand having to go to work for another year and a half and he gets to stay home?!?!?!

I'm a former Marine, and current world traveler. Ahh the life...

Andrea, There was a time that I thought it would really bother me to go to work while he got to stay home, but he's very helpful with things that need to get done around the house and is agreeable to taking on a little more during the transition. We both also have a lot of outside interests independently, so I don't think we'll make each other crazy.

Aruba since 1979

happy impending retirement!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Andrea, There was a time that I thought it would really bother me to go to work while he got to stay home, but he's very helpful with things that need to get done around the house and is agreeable to taking on a little more during the transition. We both also have a lot of outside interests independently, so I don't think we'll make each other crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so he will retire in march.........that is less than a month away. how will you be able to stand having to go to work for another year and a half and he gets to stay home?!?!?!
    So does that mean your dh will have to do all the cooking until you retire?

OMG would never leave cooking to him. He once tried to make french fries by trying to fry sliced potatos in a stick of butter! Fortunately, I like to cook and if he doesn't mind doing the housework we'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    OMG would never leave cooking to him. He once tried to make french fries by trying to fry sliced potatos in a stick of butter! Fortunately, I like to cook and if he doesn't mind doing the housework we'll be ok.
    Good deal!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast