Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What we do or did for a living

• At then end of my 19 month marriage, left bookeeping for a sales postion in retail specifically for the benefits.
    • Worked my way up the corporate ladder: assistant manager, merchandising manager, senior merchandising manager of the highest profit men's division in the NY metro area

Someone was just kind enough to alert me to the fact that after that first horrible marriage I forgot to mention something which occurred during the above timeframe. I did end up happily married to my soul mate.

We married on Paradise Island in the Bahamas and honeymooned in Aruba. Marriage in Aruba for U.S. citizens was not yet legal.

Aruba since 1979
    and we all lived happily ever after........................ :-)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and we all lived happily ever after........................ :-)
    AMEN!

Amarg you will find that we make many sacrifices for our children but as you already know it is always worth it.

Sorry Lisa for bringing up your first marriage, ooops. I just thought it interesting that we have something in common.
    Yes, I don't regret anything for my baby, it's worth it! Also, I also have a great new husband who loves me and all my many flaws. If I was still at my job, I couldn't just go to Aruba for 2 weeks. My last vacation, my cell phone rang constantly from my job. It didn't feel like vacation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    Sorry Lisa for bringing up your first marriage, ooops. I just thought it interesting that we have something in common.

No problem. We had actually tried to reconcile a few years later, but I realized that there was someone better out there for me and moved on. He oth, still keeps in touch with my Mom.

I moved on and knew I had not yet found "the one".
    Finally found him through a personal ad he placed on the internet in the days before eHarmony

Yes, I don't regret anything for my baby, it's worth it! Also, I also have a great new husband who loves me and all my many flaws.
    That is what really matters.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amarg View Post
    first marriage, ooops. I just thought it interesting that we have something in common.

I am right there with you....
    with the terriable 1st marriages! 8 months and out, he was one crazy POS. Marriage wasn't for him..or so he told me, along with it was none of my business why he wanted out... ..LOL HE got engaged 4 months after our divorce was final... guess where that ended up..... yup divoreced again!
    I think sometimes you have to go threw a bad patch to get where you are...

Aruba since 1979
    we all seem to learn by our experiences.

In reading through this thread again, I can think of at least one member I know who has not shared what I find to be a fascinating story.

pool side with my kindle in one hand and a Malibu + pineapple in the other :O)

Us in a nut shell - what better place for nuts?

DH is a sheriff's deputy, with a lot of varied extras: field training officer; teaching laser and radar in the academy; search and recovery dive team; but his favorite is accident reconstruction (he really digs the math and physics - not to mention finding answers as to what happened for the families that suffer loss.) He has already started a count down to retirement on 10-10-2020.

My first job was at Taco Bell when I was 15 (sadly, I've been addicted ever since.)
    Moved to retail the instant I turned 16, and then waited tables to pay for college at Michigan State. DH and I met while I was on internship at Six Flagg's Great America. (He was in security and opened the personnel building for me each morning.)
    Upon joining DH in Wisconsin, I tended bar for a couple of years (because my BA in psychology didn't really qualify me for much else...)
    I put in 10 years as an ER admissions clerk, before transitioning to clerical work and data analysis for nursing consultants. In the last 5 years, flow charts, pivot tables, graphs, and Power Points have become like arts and crafts to me. While I'd like to retire when the DH does, it is more likely I will try to go part-time and pick up the health insurance (provided the U.S. still has employer-based health insurance in 10 years.)

In the mean time, we escape to Aruba every chance we get

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we own a produce store. I am retired, took early retirement at 45. I was a court reporter for 26 years but that was enough of listening to murders, rapes & the rest (not to mention judges & lawyers). It was either retire or go postal. Didn't mind the civil cases and did sit through some very interesting criminal, civil, etc including many airline mergers, lol.

actually, i married the year i retired so talk about starting a new life. i have two stepchildren who have been in my life since they were young and thank goodness I am very close to. my husband is a doll and i'm glad i waited to get married. actually he moved into the townhouse next door to me and my stepson actually fixed us up. he was 12 at the time.

that's my story. since this is a G-rated site, can't tell you about my younger days, lol.....

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast