Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What we do or did for a living

Gaby,

If I run out of story material, I may call you for some info. The court reporter thing sounds fascinating to an outsider.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    You would think it sounds fascinating except when you're sitting in the courtroom from 9 to 4 wishing the lawyers would stop talking so you can leave, lol....lawyers are notorious for never running out of things to say. unfortunately most of the time they have nothing to say and they say the nothing at least 4 or 5 times, lol. the real crazies were the jurors. i use to wonder if they were sitting in the same courtroom as I was. they'd listen to two hours worth of testimony & want the whole thing read back when deliberating. One time the judge jokingly in his chambers reprimanded me because when I had to read it back to them (a no no among us reporters, lol), i started the read back with "now pay attention this time". Jeez, what do they do when they see a 2 hour movie, forget the whole thing when they walk out, lol...

most of us didn't even pay attention to what anyone had to say. sometimes i would say to myself, i don't remember that but it was there in my notes. you tune them out and it just filters from your brain to your fingers.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    I am 65 and single,taught 8th gr. science for 33 yrs in Ct. and retired at 53 and haven't worked a day in 12 yrs. I lost my only son in the RI Station night club fire in 03 and have become totally irresponsable and fun-loving. I leave for Aruba this Sunday,nov 28 till dec 19.(any single women need a date?)

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    I lost my only son in the RI Station night club fire in 03 and have become totally irresponsable and fun-loving.
    I am sorry for your loss , but please enjoy Aruba. I have a feeling you will.

Aruba since 1979
    i too am sorry for your loss.
    what a horrific event.

enjoy your trip to aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    You would think it sounds fascinating except when you're sitting in the courtroom from 9 to 4 wishing the lawyers would stop talking so you can leave, lol....lawyers are notorious for never running out of things to say. unfortunately most of the time they have nothing to say and they say the nothing at least 4 or 5 times, lol. the real crazies were the jurors. i use to wonder if they were sitting in the same courtroom as I was. they'd listen to two hours worth of testimony & want the whole thing read back when deliberating. One time the judge jokingly in his chambers reprimanded me because when I had to read it back to them (a no no among us reporters, lol), i started the read back with "now pay attention this time". Jeez, what do they do when they see a 2 hour movie, forget the whole thing when they walk out, lol...

most of us didn't even pay attention to what anyone had to say. sometimes i would say to myself, i don't remember that but it was there in my notes. you tune them out and it just filters from your brain to your fingers.
    Hi Gaby:

I will detail my "many jobs," or "What I did," when I return from a Thanksgiving Trip," to Kentucky. It might be of interest to you, though, that among other things, I was a court reporter...in D.C...and a secretary/stenographer. So, as I said, I will list my "101" jobs...just kidding...when I return.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone.

Ed

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well then Ed, you know what I'm talking about, lol.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to EVERYONE !!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. We look forward to reading about Ed's adventures upon his return from holiday travels.

What I do or did....okay, I'm a musician, an artist (traditional, graphite on paper, and out of necessity digital), I've been a roadie/sound/light tech for a few well-known bands over the years, retail salesperson and manager of record and tape shops (that will age me I'm sure), a messenger/runner/courier, designer for an internationally known car magazine and now I'm a holistic therapist, teacher and perpetual student of human nature.
    Still plugging away in the music business, more out of a love for playing than anything else. I got over my rockstar dreams in my mid-20's, attempted to "settle down" *snicker*, was sort of forced out of the music biz kicking and screaming by my ex... "You pick up that guitar again and it's going out the window!!!", and played house for about 20 years.

Then the Lady came along and made me see that something was wrong.
    To make a long story short, she helped me become much more self-aware and realize that there was more to life than I was living.
    Back into the music trade and 3 CD's and a whole lot of learning and growing later, I am what I am and I do what I do.

I try to help people find a sense of balance on an energetic level, and so far, it's been pretty successful. Lots of happy client/patients, and that to me is what matters.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Tamarijn, Donkey Sanctuary, Ocean, Bunker Bar!
    It's amazing how life can make so many twists and turns over the years! After waitresssing and working in a pharmacy, I graduated college and started an 8 year career with Toys "R" Us in NJ as an International Advertising Manager. Got to travel extensively which was awesome. Met my husband in NJ 1991, (my sister arranged a blind date), he was a HR VP for a bank and we married in 1994. We both grew up in NJ, but after taking a couple of trips to Colorado to visit friends we fell in love with Colorado and and said we'd love to live there some day. Well, 6 months after we married, we resigned from our jobs, packed up our U-Haul and our cat and moved to Denver in April 1995. Our first dd arrived in 1997 and another dd arrived in 1999. I became a stay at home Mom, or as I like to call it a Domestic Engineer. My dh is a Director of HR for a Staffing Company. Five years ago a friend and I opened a Scrapbook Retreat business (Chocolate Moose Lodge) in the mountains of Fairplay, CO. and I now run that business from home. Other than Aruba, (which we have been to 3 years in a row now), Fairplay is our favorite place to be and we now spend much of our free time there. Since we vacation in Aruba in the Summer, it is our tradition to bring back some Balashis and take them to Fairplay to drink them on the deck of our Lodge at 10,002 feet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What we do or did for a living-dsc07598.jpg   What we do or did for a living-dsc07597.jpg   What we do or did for a living-dsc07589.jpg  
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast