Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: whats it doing in your neck of the woods?

ArubaisLove...check again today. When there is a storm coming the airlines will usually allow you to change for the day before or sometime after your original date without a change fee. I did it in Sept. for our trip to London during a noreaster that WE NEVER GOT! They would rather get you out then have you stuck in the airport! So far we (NJ) are expected to get a significant amount as they are saying on the weather channel. I guess due to the storm hitting another cold front they have no idea how much but every news station is predicting a "significant" amount I take it your leaving from EWR??

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I think it's a "wait and see" situation for the Cape (Cod) -- one channel saying 6 - 12 inches, another a mix of snow and rain.............?

Aruba since 1979
    go figure........we hit 78 degrees here, but not a lick of sun :-(
    then the thunderstorms began.

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    This is so frustrating! Continental finally changed the website to the weather advisory, so we can switch with no fee now, but there is no other flight until saturday that we can get on. The 2 seats that were left on the Tuesday morning flight, that they wanted all that money for, were booked when my husband called at 6am this morning.
    I am trying to be optimistic, because as of right now, every website and every news channel/weather channel is saying something different. There is one thing working in our favor, the plane we are supposed to be on, will get here (EWR) Tuesday night. SO, if it isn't a massive storm, but some snow, there is a good chance we may still take off.
    So they are holding the 2 seats on the Saturday flight for now, but the problem is our hotel may not be able to accomadate us now. And we don't know much about any of the other hotels since we always stay at the Marriott because we use points. We have stayed at the Renassiance, which is very nice but we prefer to be in the high rises on the beach. I am really bummed out, as I am sure you know this is such a let down. I am hoping it's one of those things where we wake up Wednesday and there is no snow on the ground!
    Does anyone have any experience with flying out in snow? Will it take off if it is just a couple inches?

You cannot go wrong with the Hyatt. We stayed there for part of our honeymoon. Only downside is that there are no balconies, unless you pay for a suite.

I have landed going into Newark in snow, but never taken off. I am sure Chadd would know better, but as a novice, if I had to choose I think I would prefer take takeoff over landing. Coming down was like a roller coaster and once we hit the runway it was "Hail Mary"- in my mind- that the breaks were going to hold

I had the experience with a snowstorm a couple of years ago while trying to fly out for a cruise! It was snowing, but they were letting flights depart, but not land. Thankfully we got off the ground because it was one of the last flights to leave for the day because they shut down the airport. We learned our lesson. The next cruise we took we left a day early!!........we are leaving for Aruba next weekend. We are flying through Atlanta and are hoping that they don't have the snow and bad weather that they have been experiencing the last few days!! We are flying down there the night before, but with one flight out on Delta per day a cancellation wouldn't be good for us! We'll just keep our fingers crossed!

Thinking of Arubaislove who was worried about leaving NJ for Aruba today. Well, it snowed about 6-8 inches overnight here in NJ but the roads are cleared early and the airport is open. I'm not sure which flight she is on, but the Continental 9:00am direct from Newark to Aruba did take off and is only 30 minutes late! I hope she made her flight and enjoys the Aruba sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    Thinking of Arubaislove who was worried about leaving NJ for Aruba today. Well, it snowed about 6-8 inches overnight here in NJ but the roads are cleared early and the airport is open. I'm not sure which flight she is on, but the Continental 9:00am direct from Newark to Aruba did take off and is only 30 minutes late! I hope she made her flight and enjoys the Aruba sunshine
    I am pretty certain that was her original flight.

Ok well 2 feet of snow in my yard........

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

More snow

Ok up here in MA we are getting hit with yet more snow....good lord..I have so had enough of winter... Now they are saying maybe more snow on Friday also...as long as next week no storms in sight...as I am outta here.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast