Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Adult Children move home!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    It's school vacation this week, and dh and I have our house ALL TO OURSELVES!!!
    Whoo Hoo! Kids are at their Dad's, daughter is with her boyfriend. I'd forgotten how wonderful it is! Peace, quiet, relative tidiness, oh joy!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's

latest update

They're still here..........almost three years now, and if it weren't for my two little granddaughters I would have booted them out by now! Seems like my daughter and I argue more often, and she can say very hurtful and mean things (like "when I finally get out of this place, you'll never see me or your grandchildren again" -- like that would happen, as she needs help with the kids!) Things go along just fine until I ask her to clean up the house and she gets so defensive and mean. She doesn't care, but it's our house, dammit! I have told her that it's time to start looking for another place. We'll see what happens!

I am speechless. Time for some tough love.

Aruba since 1979
    oh windy i am so disgusted by the situation.

your daughter needs to wise up and you know that and you are doing THE BEST for the grandchildren. shame on your daughter.

Once our Australian cousins leave next week, DH, daughter and I are sitting down for a serious powwow! Should be interesting!
    (the Ozzies have been here for 2 1/2 months, same every year -- we have a blast together! But this year friends of their's stayed for 3 weeks with us also! A very full house! thank goodness we have an inlaw apt which we rent out for the summer.)

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    We have the same situation at my house only it was my son moving in with his daughters just turned 3 & 5 ....its been interesting to say the least...there are times when i think i'll lose it but then 1 of the kids will do the cutest thing & i think of what i would do if they moved out .... the girls do come to Aruba with us every year also.....quite time time to myself ...not sure what i would do probably be bored....

i shouldnt have chuckled....my son moved back in while i was away in florida....came home to find him here...my mother let him back in!!! uugghhh!!!

Aruba since 1979
    we live in an age 55+ golf community.
    we "HAD" neighbors, the Vincents. they were evicted for breaking the rules.
    for reasons unknown to us they became legal guardians to their 2 grandchildren.
    the kids were allowed to live with them for 60 days here and then the community management (HOA) forced them OUT.
    they owned their own house here.
    the rules are clear and we all have to sign the agreement when we buy in.
    No children under age 18 allowed to reside or to visit more than 60 days per calendar year.

it never dawned on me that in those extreme circumstances they'd toss these nice folks.
    their house is STILL for sale, almost a year later :-(

Aruba since 1979
    windy and jane hang tough.
    or move to my neighborhood ;-)

What a sad story Andrea. I know rules are rules, but still sad. I hope it sells soon, for their sakes. Chuck and I will start packing. LOL Just kidding. I feel sorry for all parents that the kids move back and then treat them awful. When I was first married, I had to do that, but it only lasted about a month, BUT I NEVER treated them bad. I was grateful and they knew it. You just can't have two women in the kitchen. hahaha We had no children either--but WHY would a daughter (or son) say they were going to move out and the grandparents would never see the kids again. How awful is that. All I say is what goes around comes around.
    Pat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast