Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Where are you from??

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Where are you from??

We talk so much about the airports/prices, our weather etc it might be fun to hear where we are all from....
    i certainly understand if you don't want to participate, some may not be comfortable giving out detailed info ....

We'll start, Rob and I are from RI. We are transplants from north of Boston.
    any fellow RI'ers out there? These are the only states we have lived in.

its only for fun😄

Toronto, Ontario, Canada but I've done spins in all of Canada, good chunks of Europe, the U.S. and Middle East. After Toronto, Aruba and Paris, the Mediterranean Costa del Sol is one of my favourite places in the world.

We're from Quincy, (pronounced Quinzee) Massachusetts. Summers are spent mostly in Gilmanton, NH. Both Tom and I were born in Quincy and have lived and worked in the city our whole lives. Is that a townie?

Jon and I are from Woodbridge, VA. Its a suburb about 25 miles south of Washington DC. We are both born and raised in this area; the land of horrific traffic right on I-95. I grew up in the next town over, next to Quantico Marine Corps base. We tried the city life in Arlington, VA for almost 2 years, but it wasn't for us so we came back to Woodbridge.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I live in Chelmsford, MA. North and west of Boston, not far from Nashua NH. I'm a lifelong (so far) resident of MA in various locations north and west of Boston.

Aruba since 1979
    Paul and I are from MA ....me, Waltham.....Paul, Watertown.
    We bought our home in Waltham and raised our son there.
    We bought some land in Waterville Maine, abutting Colby College with the hopes of building a house there for when we retired.
    We also bought a fixer upper on the Mesalonskee in Waterville.
    We retired in 2008, sold the fixer upper and the land and moved to Lakeland, Fl.
    And here we are............
    Dear son and family just built a new home in York where we plan on being for a month every July.
    (if we can find a cat sitter)

Cathy and I were both born and raised in Syracuse, NY and still live here to this date. Our cold weather, below freezing, starts to set in around early November and can hang in there until early April, all while averaging 120" of snow. This being said, it's not hard to imagine why we take every opportunity to travel to Aruba. Our goal is to someday spend 3-4 months there. Fingers crossed...

Me- born and raised in Clifton, NJ with summers spent with my grandparents at the Jersey shore.
    Dh- born and raised in Colts Neck, NJ.

Met dh while living in Point Pleasant, we married and moved to Brick Township and 2 years later relocated to Bloomington, IN.

1 year later moved to Atlanta and 3 months after that to the rural ATL suburb of Cumming, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    We talk so much about the airports/prices, our weather etc it might be fun to hear where we are all from....
    i certainly understand if you don't want to participate, some may not be comfortable giving out detailed info ....

We'll start, Rob and I are from RI. We are transplants from north of Boston.
    any fellow RI'ers out there? These are the only states we have lived in.

its only for fun
    Clarification......CindyO raised in Warwick Neck, RI. Rob O raised in Everett, MA. We met in Boston and settled in Saugus, MA for the first 15 years of marriage. Then, relocated to RI.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Diane and I are in Rockland, MA, she is from Norwood, MA and and I was born in Saugus but grew up in Newburyport. Have lived in Hull, MA, Stoughton, MA, Portsmouth, NH, South Weymouth, MA, Rockland, MA, Kodiak, AK and back to Rockland, MA. Coast Guard kept us local for my 29 year career and sent us to Kodiak, AK for three years. Rookies for trips to Aruba with just five under our belt but wishing for many more.

Dave and Diane

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast