Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 194
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Winter Nor’easters

  1. #21
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    This is a link to a video of a Southwest plane trying to land at DCA (Reagan National). Jon was on that bridge in the background today and said the wind was crazy
    https://www.facebook.com/wjlatv/vide...6252636493734/
    i wouldnt have wanted to be on a plane on a day like this!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,140
    The main roads around us are closed because of flooding. The City DPW, Police and National Guard have made over 50 rescues, including one about 30 minutes ago in an area that they have been showing videos of all day. Someone thought they could drive through 5 feet of water, just crazy!!!

    We haven’t had any issues, fortunately, and hoping it will stay that way!!!

  3. #23
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,305
    i am wondering how my mother's relatives are? they live at the end of atlantic st near QS Drive.

    Hope tomorrow is warm and dry for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The main roads around us are closed because of flooding. The City DPW, Police and National Guard have made over 50 rescues, including one about 30 minutes ago in an area that they have been showing videos of all day. Someone thought they could drive through 5 feet of water, just crazy!!!

    We haven’t had any issues, fortunately, and hoping it will stay that way!!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am wondering how my mother's relatives are? they live at the end of atlantic st near QS Drive.

    Hope tomorrow is warm and dry for you!
    QS Drive is still closed as they watch for the next high tide. Atlantic is a few streets from us. I know they had some pretty bad flooding just one street over from Atlantic. Hopefully the relatives are positioned like we are. We’re just 10 houses from QS Drive and haven’t gotten any water.

    Do I remember correctly, you also have friends/relatives in the Neck by the Quincy Yacht Club? That area is completely closed off as is the causeway to Squantum. Over 100 people had to be rescued over night Fortunatey no injuries have been reported.

  5. #25
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,305
    yes........i think near the yacht club...houghs neck and adam's shores.

    then cousins too in merrymount

    i am glad that you and tom are ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    QS Drive is still closed as they watch for the next high tide. Atlantic is a few streets from us. I know they had some pretty bad flooding just one street over from Atlantic. Hopefully the relatives are positioned like we are. We’re just 10 houses from QS Drive and haven’t gotten any water.

    Do I remember correctly, you also have friends/relatives in the Neck by the Quincy Yacht Club? That area is completely closed off as is the causeway to Squantum. Over 100 people had to be rescued over night Fortunatey no injuries have been reported.

  6. #26
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,186
    Well it's almost over here in coastal Virginia. We had the cover blown off our pool, and a gate and part of our new fence knocked over. I equate the wind to sitting on the pool deck at the Surf Club

  7. #27
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,305
    a very strong storm.
    it is a winter hurricane, or so it seems.

    has the pool cover been wrecked?

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Well it's almost over here in coastal Virginia. We had the cover blown off our pool, and a gate and part of our new fence knocked over. I equate the wind to sitting on the pool deck at the Surf Club

  8. #28
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,275
    This storm was brutal. I've never seen so many trees down from one storm before. My street is 1/2 mile long and 4 large pines came down across the road. Three of them being held off the ground by power lines. I'm about 30 miles south of Peg.

  9. #29
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,305
    Folks often say to me “ oh u moved to Florida from Ma aren’t you concerned about the hurricanes?” My answer is nope.
    Although we endured Irma in September, the northeast has had numerous blizzards and bomb cyclones.

    I do not at all miss the weather that you fine folks experienced yesterday !

    Good luck to all.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    4,140
    CP, do you have power? We didn’t lose it but a lot of neighborhoods did. I was worried about our dogwoods but they survived.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO