Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Winter Nor’easters

The wind has finally died down, and we made it out unscathed. Lots of friends and family without power and are hearing Tuesday as the day they should have power back. Saw lots of down trees when we were out today.

Aruba since 1979
    how about your dad's house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The wind has finally died down, and we made it out unscathed. Lots of friends and family without power and are hearing Tuesday as the day they should have power back. Saw lots of down trees when we were out today.

Although I don't know all the details, I just found out my older son was on one of the United flights trying to land at Regan last night. He just said it was awful. I'm waiting for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    how about your dad's house?
    It worked out that construction is just a little behind so the roof trusses didn't go up, and it turned out to be a good thing. Lots of branches and cleanup, but no New construction damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a very strong storm.
    it is a winter hurricane, or so it seems.

has the pool cover been wrecked?
    No, thankfully it just flapped around and wound up half back in the pool. We had another round of wind last night and it's still pretty gusty this morning. We're hoping the water isn't across the road on our way to breakfast this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    No, thankfully it just flapped around and wound up half back in the pool. We had another round of wind last night and it's still pretty gusty this morning. We're hoping the water isn't across the road on our way to breakfast this morning.
    We are having the exact opposite problem. all of the water is blowing out of the creeks and we are having record low tides.

Same here, we go to a little place in Sandbridge for breakfast... the water has all been blown out of back bay.

Really scary. I hope all of you remain safe and have no damage to home ot property. We have had some winds but nothing like you are having. We have a ton of tree limbs down as we have many trees.

Many branches down in my area - one massive tree came down about 3 minutes before I was driving by it. Police cars came from all directions - I made a left into a church parking lot to try to get around the cop cars blocking the street and a woman was in the driveway waving her arms. The tree had hit some power lines and a street light and the wires were down across the driveway! Crazy. The wind was pretty bad and it snowed all day but thankfully not a single flake stuck! Very different story just a few miles north & west of us.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Many branches down in my area - one massive tree came down about 3 minutes before I was driving by it. Police cars came from all directions - I made a left into a church parking lot to try to get around the cop cars blocking the street and a woman was in the driveway waving her arms. The tree had hit some power lines and a street light and the wires were down across the driveway! Crazy. The wind was pretty bad and it snowed all day but thankfully not a single flake stuck! Very different story just a few miles north & west of us.
    That’s pretty scary!!!

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast