Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Winter Nor’easters

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Many branches down in my area - one massive tree came down about 3 minutes before I was driving by it. Police cars came from all directions - I made a left into a church parking lot to try to get around the cop cars blocking the street and a woman was in the driveway waving her arms. The tree had hit some power lines and a street light and the wires were down across the driveway! Crazy. The wind was pretty bad and it snowed all day but thankfully not a single flake stuck! Very different story just a few miles north & west of us.
    I love when the flakes only stick to the grass! More snow this week really getting tired of winter.

I have customers that were hit pretty hard in NY state - really scary.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'm glad it before you went through-scary that it was so close.

My cousin who lives just outside of NE Philadelphia power went out Friday and they gave her an estimate of Wednesday for it to get turned on. It is only her side of the street without power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Many branches down in my area - one massive tree came down about 3 minutes before I was driving by it. Police cars came from all directions - I made a left into a church parking lot to try to get around the cop cars blocking the street and a woman was in the driveway waving her arms. The tree had hit some power lines and a street light and the wires were down across the driveway! Crazy. The wind was pretty bad and it snowed all day but thankfully not a single flake stuck! Very different story just a few miles north & west of us.

I saw another one is headed to the NE. They are predicting-depending on the TV station-anything from 0-6 inches-snow, sleet, rain-and it being wet and heavy-"heart attack snow". Please be careful where ever you are and with whatever you get.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I saw another one is headed to the NE. They are predicting-depending on the TV station-anything from 0-6 inches-snow, sleet, rain-and it being wet and heavy-"heart attack snow". Please be careful where ever you are and with whatever you get.
    Yes, I think we are going to get slammed with many storms in March. I am in central CT, and we are expecting 12"-18". Another storm is looming on the horizon for Monday, but we won't worry about that one yet.

We’re hoping for rain on the coast. Fingers crossed!!!!

From 10:00pm EST, Tue Mar 6 until 4:00am EST, Thu Mar 8
    Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions

Issued by: New York City - NY, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM EST THURSDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, except 10 to 15 inches across interior portions of the Lower Hudson Valley, and most of interior southern Connecticut. Locally higher amounts are possible. * WHERE...New York City, Northeast New Jersey, The Lower Hudson Valley, Southwestern Connecticut, Middlesex, Nassau and northwestern Suffolk Counties.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    From 10:00pm EST, Tue Mar 6 until 4:00am EST, Thu Mar 8
    Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions

Issued by: New York City - NY, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 AM EST THURSDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, except 10 to 15 inches across interior portions of the Lower Hudson Valley, and most of interior southern Connecticut. Locally higher amounts are possible. * WHERE...New York City, Northeast New Jersey, The Lower Hudson Valley, Southwestern Connecticut, Middlesex, Nassau and northwestern Suffolk Counties.
    Yup! That's me.... can't wait.... needless to say my kids are super excited! Me...not so much
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

0-18 inches out near us, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post

Aruba since 1979
    Enough of the horrible weather !!
    come to my house and enjoy the 70s and my oh so cheerful disposition.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast