Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

While here at home (Quincy, Ma) we've had no real disruption, unless you count a few days off from work because they didn't have power, we now have to head up to NH to check on our cottage. I'm assuming no news is good news and haven't really worried to much about it, until I saw some of the reports from the Campton area, about 45 min. away from us. We have so many pine trees around us! That said, it's just a vacation property and not our home, it will just be an inconvenience more than anything.

i have officially become the wayward home for all my sons friends....i have officially lost count how many boys are living here right now...lol school is supposed to start next week and i told them they could all stay here if they need to. this weekend i will invite the families for a family dinner----this is gonna be a huge family dinner...lol. (i do love these boys....they all crack me up) be safe everyone!

Aruba since 1979
    good luck!!

It has been raining here in central PA ever since Irene passed through. My grandparents house (100 miles north of here) has "a few feet" of water in it but they can't get close enough to know for sure and the river down here is slated to crest a couple feet higher than even back in 72. Roads are closed all over the place, it's going to get ugly. I haven't heard how much water they will get on three mile island.

When Jim Cantore comes to town, you know you're screwed.

We had a lot of flooding this morning. It's been raining since Monday and yesterday's and today's rain is due to after effects from Lee. The ground is just saturated and there's nowhere for all this water to go. It's clearing up now - I just saw a bit of sun!!

Aruba since 1979
    heard from a friend in maryland and their power has been on and off since IRENE and the remnants of LEE.

ground saturated
    much flooding

Some areas in MD are getting more heavy rain again today. The weather pattern that is in place right now is brutal between DC and Syracuse.

i live right on the delaware river and it is bad around here...2 local towns are underwater...so many homes and businesses lost....we are up a mountain a bit and pretty much will be trapped up here come morning....pray for the people in blairstown and belvidere nj....we are gonna need it...be safe everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    It has been raining here in central PA ever since Irene passed through. My grandparents house (100 miles north of here) has "a few feet" of water in it but they can't get close enough to know for sure and the river down here is slated to crest a couple feet higher than even back in 72. Roads are closed all over the place, it's going to get ugly. I haven't heard how much water they will get on three mile island.

When Jim Cantore comes to town, you know you're screwed.
    I hope the flooding is not as bad as it was in '72. I had family living in Wilkes Barre at the time and remember how devastating it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I hope the flooding is not as bad as it was in '72. I had family living in Wilkes Barre at the time and remember how devastating it was.
    It's supposed to crest within a couple inches of the levees there. Here it is over the top and not expected to crest until overnight friday into saturday, though it is expected to be just short of the Agnes levels. Some areas are at record levels, others are just very close.

The rain stopped this afternoon, so there is some hope that it will fall short.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast