Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You in the Northeast? Irene??

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Maybe, just maybe, Irene will take a more easterly track and miss us entirely!

It looks that way more and more with each update. We'll see what happens at 2 pm.

Aruba since 1979
    the latest coordinate are showing it has not made a turn to the north/northeast....still heading northwest at 12 mph with winds in the 100+ category

i will feel much better if it is not pointed towards s florida.
    once it begins its northward track i wonder about new england.

Smile You Will Be Fine

The National Hurricane Center is still pretty confident in their track through the central Bahamas. My parents live on the coast of Florida and forecast only calls for winds 16 - 24 mph. There is a tropical storm warning 20 nautical miles out.

"It is unlikely any airport in Florida or Georgia will need to close for Irene."

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...3_lnk2%7C88998

Andrea, looks like you're going to be OK!
    Of course a lot could change in the next few days re New England!!!

Just flew in from West Palm beach Florida last night. I spent a few days with the boys doing some fishing out of Stuart. People were definitely preparing, filling gas tanks and buying food, water, and generators.

I had plans for dinner and drinks Sunday down the shore here in NJ for my 40th bday. I think that might change now.

Be safe everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Just flew in from West Palm beach Florida last night. I spent a few days with the boys doing some fishing out of Stuart. People were definitely preparing, filling gas tanks and buying food, water, and generators.

I had plans for dinner and drinks Sunday down the shore here in NJ for my 40th bday. I think that might change now.

Be safe everyone!
    Hey Mark, when we sailed our boat from Woods Hole to Florida a couple of times, we spent the winters in Stuart! (actually docked in Port Salerno) -- love that area!
    P.S. Happy birthday!
    Last edited by Windy; 08-24-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctfirewife-mjn109 View Post
    Windy, I just saw that it may reach New England at night. Yikes! I don't like that idea either.
    Yup, like 2 AM -- not fun, and much more scary, to hear a hurricane and not be able to see what's happening! Hopefully big trees won't be falling on our house!
    And all the models now are really close together and aiming right for us!!!
    We'll have a pretty good idea by Saturday what to expect! Keeping fingers crossed! (and to think when I was a teen these things were soooo exciting!)

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Irene will take a more easterly track and miss us entirely!

That's what usually happens....hope so.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    From what they are saying, it will hit Ct. which is where I live and I am very close to the coastline on Sunday. Lookin for a catagory 1 so they say. Not too worried yet lol. Just have to wait it out and see. Usually it isn't as bad as what they say but with all the natural, crazy, unexpected distasters that have been occuring around the world, you just never know.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast